It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

frankiesmom HB User
How long for phentermine to get out of your system??

I've been a phentermine fan for a long time and I'm aware of it losing its intensity over a few weeks. My question is how long does it usually take to get it out of your system before you can 'start over', if that makes sense? I have had to put in more hours at my second job and have used the drug to wake me up and energize me. This was good when I was only working two mornings a week, now I'm up to 3 or 4. I got up this morning and wasn't going to take it but I was dragging so badly I had to. I don't have an addictive personality, I look forward to saving a pill just so I can push back my refill date since the stuff's not cheap. I'm also a caffeine nut. I drink strong coffee in the morning and a big glass or two of water the rest of the day, maybe one diet dr. depper. Any thoughts?

Old 01-18-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
(female)

Mommy-Lisa HB User
Re: How long for phentermine to get out of your system??

It takes 5 half lives for a drug to get completely out of your system. Phentermine has a half life of between 16-31 hours, so it would take anywhere from 80-155 hours (3.5 to 7 days) to be completely free of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
(female)

frankiesmom HB User

that's what i thought, around a week. thank you.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiesmom View Post
I'm also a caffeine nut. I drink strong coffee in the morning and a big glass or two of water the rest of the day, maybe one diet dr. depper. Any thoughts?
You do know that caffeine is a big no-no when your on phentermine right? The caffeine flushes your system so if you take a phen then have a cup of coffee 2 hours later your bound to lose the effects within an hour if not sooner...I have a real problem with that when I drink a diet coke, so I usually save my diet coke for dinner time.

If your losing effects, you can definitely take some time off, but many feel that the second time around it isn't as effective. I started taking 5-htp which is a natural appetite suppresant and isn't as strong as phen, but together they work very well. Another idea is to cut out the caffeine in the morning...

Congrats on your sucess!

Old 01-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
(female)

frankiesmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boicrazy3188 View Post
You do know that caffeine is a big no-no when your on phentermine right? The caffeine flushes your system so if you take a phen then have a cup of coffee 2 hours later your bound to lose the effects within an hour if not sooner...I have a real problem with that when I drink a diet coke, so I usually save my diet coke for dinner time.

If your losing effects, you can definitely take some time off, but many feel that the second time around it isn't as effective. I started taking 5-htp which is a natural appetite suppresant and isn't as strong as phen, but together they work very well. Another idea is to cut out the caffeine in the morning...

Congrats on your sucess!
if i drink water, though, doesn't it have the same effect as far as flushing my system out? what you said makes sense though.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Not as fast. I don't know the techincal stuff, but if I have a diet coke after taking phen I get hungry really fast, but I can drink water all day and not feel the effects wear off until late afternoon.
It's just what I have experienced, and someone I know told me about DC and it being a diuretic.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:58 AM   #7
(female)

frankiesmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boicrazy3188 View Post
Not as fast. I don't know the techincal stuff, but if I have a diet coke after taking phen I get hungry really fast, but I can drink water all day and not feel the effects wear off until late afternoon.
It's just what I have experienced, and someone I know told me about DC and it being a diuretic.
So is it pretty much the same effect if I take anything to wake me up and drink caffeine with it?

Closed Thread