It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
(male)

km27 HB User
Recent Weight Loss caused wrinkles- 27male HELP???

Hello,

I am a 27 year old healthy male. I have been working out for years when 4 months ago i started running and eating much more healthy than ever to try and get even better results. Now 3 months later and ive lost an overall of 22 lbs, however, i have now noticed my face has gotten extremely skinny (sunken cheeks) and i have formed laugh line wrinkles on my both sides of my face. I am only 27 years old and do not believe the elasticity of my skin can be this bad already. Has anyone ever heard or experienced anything like this? If i were to gain the weight back could they go away??? or any other suggestions? Any help is appreciated. I am very down cause of this. Thanks

Old 01-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
(male)

km27 HB User
Re: Recent Weight Loss caused wrinkles- 27male HELP???

Also, i was wondering if gaining weight back could help with the wrinkles is there a specific way to target weight gain to the face? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2007, 05:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

kn,

It's one of the curses of weight loss.
They often trumpet the excess skin problem as one that affects grossly obese people after considerable weight loss. But those with a discerning eye can often see wrinkles and "funny skin" after only 10 or 20 pounds loss.

There isn;t much we can do aout it except HOPE the skin recovers with time.

But there's no doubting that fat people have nicer tauter skin before weight loss rather than after.

At 27 though, your skin should tighten up pretty well...give it a few months (and no sun!) Little can be done about "sunken cheeks" though.

Last edited by Lenin; 01-20-2007 at 05:17 AM.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
(male)

wa5ekh HB User

For years I have noticed this when people I knew lost lots of weight. I recently was in a group for obsessive eating recovery and many people had lost 45-150 # and kept it off for years. You could generally see wrinkling, but there is even a bigger issue-abdominal skin(hidden??). My wife mentioned I was looking older after I lost 20# quickly on one weight reduction program(even though I had lost 60# 3 years previously and we were both relieved at improved health!!. A few of the younger folks that lost 45-150# looked pretty good, but they may hide abdominal skin. I know one person that gained the weight back and lost the wrinkles(also a fast weight loss though). I think we need to get more feedback here!!
I also notice on a TV show where they did surgery on a young guy that had lost about 80# I think, and before tightening the skin to fix this they also removed 30# additional fat!! Maybe that was the key...get rid of that specific abdominal fat?? Body sculpting? Who knows. This is a health/mental health delimma though because this extra skin/wrinkles is a serious problem emotionally!!

Old 01-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I think lots of exercise is good for this cardio type of exercise, do a lot of sweating, use a suanna, I use to have a double chin, roosters-chin..but after I lost most of my weight that seem to tighen up? I did notice lines or crows feet around the edge of my eyes tho, but as we age thats the reason for that ,also doing a lot of worrying will cause wrinkels..
keeping your face clean without harsh soaps helps your face.
not much we can do about mother nature but at 27 your face should shine like a babys butt...

Old 01-21-2007, 07:44 PM   #6
(male)

km27 HB User

Thanks for the info. I will wait and see what happens. I am slowly putting the weight back on to see if that helps the wrinkles reduce. I know you cannot target weight gain (seeing as id like to gain in the face) but is the face usually the first or last place to gain back the weight? It was at the end of my weight loss that i noticed my face had gotten skinny and i have put about 8 lbs back on but no improvement yet. I hope it eventually will catch up to my face.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

cuddledumplin HB User

I don't think I'd try to gain the weight back. The skin doesn't have time to adapt if you lose or gain weight quickly, and I don't think gaining it back will help (not to mention what it could do to your health). I'd try to maintain my weight for awhile.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:18 AM   #8
(male)

km27 HB User

Thanks Cuddle for your concern but i have already seen a dermatologist and my family doctor who approve that if i were to gain the weight back the wrinkles will reduce. As i stated in my first post i am healthy, have worked out for years and i am at no health risk due to weight fluctuation.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:35 AM   #9
(male)

Barbecue HB User

Unfortunately, that's one of the side effects of losing weight rapidly.

Closed Thread