It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
(female)

Prestige HB User
I lost 15 pounds and I am mad

I lost fifteen pounds and I do not see it, I am wearing the same pants which is a "tight" size 14, what is wrong! I am ready to give up-

Old 02-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User
Re: I lost 15 pounds and I am mad

I totally understand. I lost about 11 lbs over the past two weeks and see no change in the fit of my clothes. It's very discouraging. I'm going to keep going though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User

I know it is VERY frustrating. It really is a good example of why we should rely less on the scale though.

I know about 5 years ago, I lost about 25 lbs. and only went down 1 clothing size. Talked about annoyed! I was expecting miracles! But I was just losing pounds, not inches. So I started working out, and low and behold 5 lbs. later I lost TWO more sizes (in only FIVE pounds!). I know a lot of people avoid exercise like the plague (I used to be one of them) but as they say - the proof is in the puddin'!

Don't give up. At least you know that you can do it! Just stick to it!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
(male)

rock2428 HB User

Like twiceblessed mentioned, exercise will help tone you up which, in turn, will loosen those clothes (that doesn't sound right, but I hope you know what I mean!). Also, some of that may be water weight, which I don't think you notice as much. I know in the past, I used to gain weight the first week or two of a diet. Without fail, I'd be up 2-3 lbs and then it would start coming off. Everybody's body just works differently.

Regardless, I hope that you stick with it. Even if you're not seeing the results just yet, that's 15 less pounds that you're carrying around on your body. That's a great accomplishment! If you don't believe me, go to the food store and lug a 15 lb turkey around the store for a while.

Good luck!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Thats great that you lost 15 lbs..wonderful ....

Don't worry if you can't tell in your clothes just yet...your just loseing in equal amounts off your body and thats a great way to lose, its a safe way.
Just keep on doing what your doing you may not tell much diffrence in your clothes until you have lost up to 50 lbs depending on how much you need to lose.
KEEP YOUR CHIN UP IT WON'T BE LONG NOW BEFORE YOU CAN SEE AND TELL THE DIFFERENCE.
DON'T LET YOUR BODY WIN THE WAR...YOU CAN DO IT.
don't give -up
Keep on truckin girl.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
(female)

Bernstar75 HB User

I've lost 73 pounds over the last 6 months and can't see it. I've hardly dropped a size, and when I look in the mirror I look the same.

It seems I have dropped a couple of pant sizes but up top where i carry all the weight its still the same. Its very frustrating, although I will keep going.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Quote:
I lost fifteen pounds and I do not see it, I am wearing the same pants which is a "tight" size 14.
"Don't get MAD, get EVEN."
Just continue working at it and lose ANOTHER 15 pounds. Eventually you'll see it in your dress size.

Closed Thread