It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
(female)

zaccw HB User
Can't lose weight, always hungry

For years, I have tried to lose weight but can't due to the fact that I am ALWAYS hungry.

Yes, I know when you diet, its to be expected that you are going to be hungry, but I can't diet because if I don't eat every three hours or so, I'm absolutely starving. It doesn't matter what I ate or how much. Fatty or healthy.

I start to feel week, light headed, and my hands start to shake. Not to mention the hunger pains. I don't binge. I just never stop eating. I eat and eat and eat and I'm making myself depressed, because I know the cause of all my weight gain (30 pounds in the last 4 months) is due to my over eating, but I just can't stop.

I've tried diet pill. Hoodia did nothing for me, and that's supposedly the magic make you not hungry pill.

I don't know what's wrong. Can anyone help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: Can't lose weight, always hungry

hi,
sounds like your depressed, dieting and loseing weight is not eazy for any of us, its a change in your life style you need to make and adjust to it.

I recommend you go see your Dr and tell him/her your concerns of over eating and that you stay hungry all the time.

If you have tried most all diets most of your life and you still can't lose, you may think about this long and hard if you qualify your BMI is 35-40 'bariatric'' surgery maybe for you?

The laparoscopic gastic by-pass is probably the best way to go, ''not'' the general gastic-by-pass or the lap-Band, the laparoscopic is becoming more safer and better.
I don't know all that much about it, but if you want to have that done most insurances cover it, usally the Dr's doing it will have you check out throughly before the surgery, any underlying problems you may have they check before the surgery and the surgery is only like an hour and you can go home the next day providing everything goes ok, they like to keep you over night.
after the surgery you will have to follow the Dr's orders as for as eating but you wont be hungry any more they make your stmoach the size of a golf ball, and you only consime about 500 calories a day, sheading on the average of 10/15 lbs a week or more, you should lose over 100lbs in a year.

The lap-band has to many negtives about it, it sounds good and all but after about 3 years from having it, it starts to go bad and besides with the band you need to go have it check/adjusted every 3 months as long as you have it and it can break inside you and all types of complications from the band that may come up later on or just within a few years.
but you just do a google serch or check with most any bariatric centers or simply discuss this with your physician.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

newfie11 HB User

Have you been tested for low blood sugar. That would give you those symptoms.
Newfie11

Old 02-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #4
(female)

YorkieLuvr HB User

Regarding your hunger, your post caught my attention because you said when you diet it is expected that you are going to hungry. Actually, the opposite is true.

One of the things that I fought and resisted was the concept of eating multiple meals a day. Turns out it worked wonderfully for me and I recommend it for anyone whether dieting or not.

You have to fuel your body constantly. Your main meals and several snacks a day should help with your hunger. I'm basing this statement on the assumption you do not have any medical issues.

The moment you are feeling deprived of food, your mind and body will react. In years past I also had some of what you have described - hands shaking, light headed, feeling weak, etc. It was because my body was hungry! You have to fuel your body to burn calories....eating is not the problem, it is what you eat and the amount. I also experienced urge to overeat once I began my diets. Its funny how that works.

Please talk to your doctor, and if everything checks out - you might want to try eating several small meals a day to see how it works out for you.

Last edited by YorkieLuvr; 02-14-2007 at 07:50 AM.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I'm sure zaccw has tried most diets but I'm not sure she has tried eating like the poster just mention, its true we need to eat to burn calories and keep our metabloisum up, but for some people even that will not work! it only makes them more hungry rather eating carbs /sweets or whatever.
some people just stay hungry all the time.
its hard for that person to explain why when they tried most all there options

the only thing I could recommend is check with her Dr, and see what he/she can advise.
other than the laparoscopic gastric by pass thats the only thing I know of that will help in weight loss and keep it off, but its also the last option.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User

When I was eating a lot of refined carbs, I was constantly hungry. I would also get the shakes, feel lightheaded, and very weak. I would desperately crave sugar, and knew the feelings would stop once I ate some.

Now that I've cut out the excess carbs, my blood sugar stays very level. I no longer "bottom out" and feel that urgency to eat right THIS second!! Sure I get hungry, but it's a slower, more manageable type of hunger which gives me more control and time to make better choices. Giving up sugar and junk carbs was the best move I've ever made regarding my weight and health...I'm finally free from constant hunger.

Closed Thread