It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User
Green Tea supplements... do they work?

I was in the vitamin section of wal-mart today and I seen a box of Green Tea supplements for sale. Do these work? I know drinking green tea everyday can help you lose weight overtime. But do these capsules really speed up your metabolism? If they do I might want to try them.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 AM   #2
(male)

UK_Guy_1981 HB User
Re: Green Tea supplements... do they work?

One thing I would like to offer is that these types of fluids do work for me anyway.

I drink very strong Chinese Tea Leafs which I get through work and they are good.

For the last 1 month I have been moving around "x" stone 13 lbs and "x" stone 4 lbs. I have lost weight in two of these weeks and in both of the weeks I have lost weight I have been sinking large amounts of Chinese Tea both times.

Its amazing the outcome of these drinks, depending on the type you buy it just literally flushes your system out of toxins and ensures you retain minimal water.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
(female)

TamWasHere HB User
Re: Green Tea supplements... do they work?

Research has proven that green tea helps improve your stamina during excercise and helps with weight loss.

Puh-er tea is really good for metabolism. Both are full of antixodants and clean you out.

I would recommend drinking lots of fluids and teas along with sensible diet and excercise.

My husband takes the mega-green tea capsules sometimes, but her really prefers a couple of stiff glasses of puh-er every day.

I would say go to a natural store and pick out some teas to try, it will be cheaper and maybe more effective.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
(male)

solobx HB User
Smile Re: Green Tea supplements... do they work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior77 View Post
I was in the vitamin section of wal-mart today and I seen a box of Green Tea supplements for sale. Do these work? I know drinking green tea everyday can help you lose weight overtime. But do these capsules really speed up your metabolism? If they do I might want to try them.

Studies made by the University of california on 2006 shows no significant weight loss and no anti oxidant properties what's so ever, however they also said that green tea contain a large amount of caffeine, and drinking it at night mmay cause imsomnia.

I think that the only way to lose weight is having a healthy diet consuming less calories than your system needs and exercise more in order to burn more calories than the amount consumed, it's slow but in long run is the only healthy way, people save your money and with that buy organic healthy food for your diet.

Good luck all!

solobx

Closed Thread