It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
(male)

gman217 HB User
large male breasts

I'm 16 years old and unfortunately have large breasts. I am somewhat overweight (10-15 lbs) but my weight is not in proportion to the size of my breasts. I would say that they are atleast a solid B cup. They always stick on my shirt and I feel as if people stare at them. You can imagine how embarassing this is, as I feel that it would be easier to wear bra. Does anybody know any tips to lose weight in that area or excerises to atleast make them look smaller?

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: large male breasts

Hi G-man,

First off, make sure you lose the weight you need to lose, it will help a lot.
Secondly, begin an exercise program with weights or resistance equipment to build up your pec muscles. It won't make them look bigger but will rather shape your boobs into a more pleasing masculine shape.
Some guys can manage a very good appearance even if the touch test shows the chest to be a bit mushy!

If you give it all you can and you are still unhappy with the results, in a couple years you can look into some surgical reshaping, but that's not something you want to rush into.

Good luck.

Last edited by Lenin; 03-08-2007 at 06:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
(female)

sw3006 HB User

You may wanna see a doctor, there is a medical condition that men can get where they have larger breasts like a female. Gynecomastia -- No amount of diet or exercise will make them go away, only surgery. Aside from that, try a large, non-cupped sports bra. Just the flat kind used for high impact exercise - that should give you some flatness, gosh knows it flattens mine, LOL.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by sw3006; 03-08-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #4
(male)

gman217 HB User

Are sports bras very visble through your shirt? Is there any other bras that might work?

Old 03-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
(female)

sw3006 HB User

If you wear a sports bra, it shouldn't show up too badly through a shirt, if you can see the outlines of it though, wear a t-shirt over it, then your regular shirt.

Thats the only kind of bra I could think of that wouldn't have a cup in it. You can always bind them with a wide ace bandage, though not tightly, because that might cause other problems regarding circulation. Flat sports bra is your best bet.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

HUMM,
Hey now wait a minute here
I'm male and maybe I do have big breast too, but to me no matter how big my titties get I'm not wearing a bra....

just do exercise and tone up them chest muscels, they will get back to normal watch your diet and exercise..walking, running, sits-up, just keep doing a lot of cardio and they should go back to normal or muscular type.
think of them as muscle, and hold your chest out proud ...watch all the girls heads turn.

Last edited by chevyman; 03-12-2007 at 10:44 AM.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

I'm with Chevy,

Bras are out of the question for men, imagine the torment at the gym...Plus they'd look awful with a pair of boxer shorts.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
(male)

noblepaladin HB User

You are not that much overweight, so you should not be having large breasts. The body tends to store fat efficiently (i.e. if you have large pieces of fat on your hands, it would take alot of effort to do simple tasks such as raising your hand or reaching for something), so excess fat is usually accumulated at the waist (the center of the body), before going to the hips and breasts.

Apparently your body fat is accumulating in the breasts, which is somewhat unnatural. Considering you are still a teenager, your body is still changing rapidly, so it might just correct itself in a year or two. However, I would recommend seeing a doctor to make sure it isn't some type of hormone/chemical imbalance that is causing it.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #9
(male)

gman217 HB User

While I completely understand where you are coming from, I am secure in my masculinity (not to say that you aren't) and have no problem wearing a bra if I feel I need one. I don't feel that a bra needs to be of a sexual nature; if a women wants to wear one fine, and if a man feels the need to so be it. I am just tired of my breasts sticking out of my shirt to the point that some girls are envious.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #10
(female)

sw3006 HB User

YOU TELL EM'

You do whatever it takes to make you feel better about yourself. Some people are just insecure about their selvesown and they tend to take it out on those around them - ignore them - I think you are awesome for asking for help and being open to our suggestions!

YOU ROCK!

Old 03-31-2007, 08:51 AM   #11
(male)

gman217 HB User

In my opinion, bras are used to support breasts. I feel that I have large breasts, atleast for a man, and would like the support and comfort that comes from wearing a bra. It is very embarassing and annoying to have my breasts bouncing up and down every time I run or move quickly.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #12
(female)

prettypixie HB User

yeah, good for you but be sure to wear two tshirts so the bra lines arnt visable.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

I'm confused:
Why would a man be embarassed by jiggly boobs that are the envy of the girls but NOT be embarassed wearing a bra to hold them up? It would seem to me that both would or would not be embarassing in precisely the same way.

Thus somebody who is "man enough" to sport a brassiere would be "man enough" to hold his head high and his boobs out! And somebody who is shy and uncomfortable with big jiggly breasts would be shy and uncomfortable wearing a bra to hide them.

Personally speaking, I would be EXTREMELY uncomfortable with the boobs OR bra...and when I was 16, HORRIFICALLY uncomfortable to the point of neurosis.

Last edited by Lenin; 04-01-2007 at 06:25 AM.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #14
(male)

naturodude HB User

I am 17 and had sorta the same problem a year ago, but I started Pilates, weight lifting, yoga, running, etc. I know how it feels to have the feeling everyone's starring at you. The best advice I can give is for you to forget what others think, follow the exercising advice already given to you, and try that first before resorting to a bra (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Old 04-02-2007, 03:11 AM   #15
(female)

gymaholic HB User

Okay. For you men who don't know, breasts can be downright painful if they're not supported properly during exercise. They also get saggier and stretch more. So maybe is sacrificing "style" for comfort. That's all.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Closed Thread