It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

lam41565 HB User
Slim Fast Success Stories?

Has Anyone Had Good Results From Slim Fast? I Just Started Today And Was Just Wondering What I Can Expect.
Thanks For Any Input!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
(male)

larryrs HB User
Re: Slim Fast Success Stories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam41565 View Post
Has Anyone Had Good Results From Slim Fast? I Just Started Today And Was Just Wondering What I Can Expect.
Thanks For Any Input!
I can honestly say that slimfast works great for me. Instead of dropping by the drive-thru at McD's, I drink one of these for breakfast....It's now part of my morning routine. I've been doing this since Feb 1st. Did I mention that I'm losing weight too? :-)

Larry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User

I can't comment on Slimfast, because I'm not a user, but I'll give you my opinion.

I'm not big into Slimfast, or similar diets where you have to buy their products. First of all, I'm on a budget (college student) and their products can get expensive. Secondly, I'd rather make a lifestyle change in my eating habits than a "temporary" change with a diet. Sooner or later I know I'm going to want "real" food.

I do make protein shakes some times and they're awesome, so I bet Slimfast shakes are yummy too.
If you're like Larry, and Slimfast replaces other food/a worse choice, then you'll probably see some really good benefits! Good luck with your weight loss! Keep us posted!

Last edited by innerstrength86; 04-06-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #4
(female)

TheNameIs... HB User

I use a knockoff version of Slim-Fast from Costco. I also take this green tea pill along with a Corti Slim Pill, It curbs your appetite. I'm not really doing the slim-fast right now because it's spring break. But during school I wake up around 4:40-5:30, before i take a shower i always make sure I take those two pills with the slim-fast (just a different name) drink. I have early dismissal so I get home at about 1:00, I take those two pills again, but this time with water, then I Grab a trail mix bar and walk my dogs, it is like a 30-40 minute walk, it depends on how slow/fast I'm walking, when I get back home I make lunch, usually i just take one of the bean and cheese burritos in the freezer because there wasn't many instant foods in my house that didn't contain meat. A couple of Months ago i saw this "Meet your meat" video made by Peta 2. I Haven't eaten meat since, my guardian didn't think that i would last long being a vegetarian. I think she has finally realized that she was wrong, because she is now actually buying things that would help me stay vegetarian, like soy burgers and stuff like that. So now i won't only be turning to bean and cheese burritos. Sorry, i kinda went off topic, I do that a lot when i write. At about 5-7 P.M. I have a slim fast for dinner, throughout the day i drink plenty of water, I usually open a bottle in the morning, then refill the same one all day, and then the next day I start a new one. At about 9 P.M. I take my dogs for a run, It's the same path i take when i walk the dogs after school every day. It takes about 12-14 minutes because i stop whenever i see someone outside or if i see a car driving by. Either before or after i run i do at least 100 situps (which i know isn't much, i'm just extremely lazy) and i do some jump roping while listening to music. I try to beat my goals on how long i can jump without messing up and having the jump rope stop, my record right now is only 572, but i'm working on it. A little over a year ago i could do way more than 1,000 before even one mess up. I also have PE this semester so i get exercise in there every other day, sadly we only run the mile in that class only once ever 2-3 weeks. I seem to do better running when there are people i can compare to, i make sure i keep my pace the same as a few other kids in my class that are way skinnier than me, but i know i can keep up. They are at the 9 Minute Pace, last week i got 9.05. By the end of the school year i want to at least get to 8 flat. I Went off topic again, sorry.

It's only been two weeks that i've been doing this slim fast thingy, and the last week doesn't really count because i've had a bunch of really bad things. Luckily, i haven't gained anything this week, i've just stayed the same. But last week I had lost 10 lbs. I've been extremely lazy this week, i've went running only once, and i haven't been jump roping every day. Once school starts I'll get back to doing what i was doing and i'll be loosing weight again. I'm much too tired to read this, if someone actually does read all of this could you state whether or not it made sense to you. I can see just by glancing at it that I was only capitalizing half of the "I"'s I wrote. My spelling might not be so hot either. Well, I need some z's

Good luck with the slim fast, tell me if it works for you.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
(female)

always smiling HB User

I am on the slimfast diet. I have been on it since August and I have lost 35 pounds. It may not sound like alot to lose since then but I am now a size 4, some clothes a 2, so I am just using one shake a day to maintain. I think I was a size 10 when I started. I really like the slimfast diet. I buy it in bulk at Sam's club. Or sometimes they run a special where you get 2 bonus cans for free, then I buy it that way.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
(female)

kewlgirl HB User

I am on the Slimfast diet right now and have lost 8 pounds so far in the past month. My only complaint is that it's a slow process (about 2 pounds per week). But I know that in the long run I have a better chance of keeping it off by doing this slowly.

I usually have a shake for lunch, a Slimfast bar for lunch and a healthy dinner (lean cuisine, grilled chicken, salad, etc.) and a fruit or vegetable for snacks in between. I feel a LOT better also. In addition I have stopped drinking caffeine, stopped eating red meat, and try to get in a 30 minute walk every day. I am almost too busy to work out with the amount of hours I work, but the walk I can get in. I also make sure to take a good multi-vitamin so that my body isn't "starving" for nutrients.

I started at 185 and am down to 177 in one month. I am 5'6".

Old 04-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

I had great success with Slimfast. I lost about 25 pounds on it and the hard, last 25. There was one major problem though. Drinking a Slimfast didn't teach me how to eat properly. When I went off it, I gained every pound and then some back. It's really hard to keep weight off unless you do it by permanently changing your diet. Just my opinion!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #8
(female)

Izzy51 HB User

Hi. I've been on slimfast for 3 weeks. Shake for breakfast - bar for lunch - salad with chicken at night - sometimes apple for snack. Tons of water. I've lost nothing!! I quit smoking 5 1/2 months ago - don't know if that's why. Very bloated and constipated with slimfast. I'm going to stay on it a while longer. Keep me posted on you. Karen.

Closed Thread