It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

tandjsmom HB User
Overeating due to "PMS"

I've begun this losing weight process with some sucess. However, here it is now my "time of the month" and I fall apart diet-wise. I have "PMS" and always crave chocolate. This month its in the house from Easter. I ate way too much yesterday and am trying to be better today.
Do any of you female dieters have any advice how to get through these awful cravings and desire to just stuff yourself ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

lzing2 HB User
Re: Overeating due to "PMS"

I used to have the same issue, I find extra water on these days, along with extra b vitamins and an extra potassium, helps me to stear clear of the craving due to pms.

I guess it just comes down to hormones and the fact that the body becomes slightly anemic during this time. Potassium supplements will take care of the issue, and the postassium Micro K sold OTC at the pharmacist is best.

Your losing fluid on the first bad days of PMS, so your body needs the extra water, and your brain confuses that with food, and your hormones tell you that food should be sugar...don't give in!

You can beat it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
(female)

shannonkristin HB User

i get really bad pms hunger, even worse than pregnancy cravings. i litterly made dh take me to dairy queen for a huge sunday once. i will eat anything that is not nailed down, but during my period i am not very hungry so i guess in a way it balances itself out. i use these days before as my "gimmie" days and then during my period i am right back on track. i usually end up weighing the same at the end. i do exercise ever day so that does keep my metabolism going. im figuring i have to give in everyonce in a while or i will never keep the weight off in the long run.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
(female)

furtiva HB User

I am so very thirsty before my monthly..I can drink a galon of water/liquid/grapefruit juice and still be thirsty..I crave chocolate too, or ice cream, or weird stuff lol

I have substituted my fat cravings with healthier choices, still got to have the chocolate but it usually is Lindt excellence with 85% cocoa, always dark chocolate.. ice cream is usually light and has plenty of fruits in it..

I also like warm drinks, so hot chocolate with skim milk is good, and green tea..ditto on taking vitamins B and focil acid; as well as walking and excersing: it relieves your cramps and cravings ... it's all beacuse of the low level of hormones...

Last edited by furtiva; 04-12-2007 at 09:50 AM.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User
Thumbs up Re: Overeating due to "PMS"

I'm with you!

Old 04-13-2007, 07:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

xzx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarahackworth View Post
I am right with you! It is that time for me also and I have way to mugh chocolate in the housfrom Easter, and yes I have been eating it. My weigh in day is Monday and I am dreading it!
Having the same problem. Got it yesterday. Great tip about potassium Izing2 thanks. I have been doing so good. Well tommorow is another day.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
(female)

tandjsmom HB User

Thanks ladies!

Closed Thread