It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

Frozen HB User
The Master Cleanse and a Cruel, Cruel Universe

Let me tell you a little something about the past three days...I've been doing the Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet (thanks to whomever put this in my head) and I'm doing the real fasting deal. Never in my life did I think I could go a whole day without solid food, to say nothing about three so far. I plan to continue for several more if I can hang on. I'm not trying to lose weight this way, although I know I will lose some water -- I'm doing it more to detox and get rid of all of the preservatives and artificial sweetners that I think are contributing to my awful, idiopathic chronic pain.

Anyhow...the plan is very do-able. But bull feathers to those who say you're not hungry on this plan because I'm famished, but I really feel much better mentally than I have in a long time. My pain is less, my head is clear and my skin is weirdly soft. But the Universe is very, very cruel. Why can't I be faced with liver and onions or limburger cheese when I'm hungry? Nooooo...every one of my favorite foods has come down the line since Saturday. A recap:

Saturday -- The school I teach at has an open house filled with baked goods and coffee. That evening, my husband brings home a huge sausage pizza from our favorite place in NYC. I drink lemonade.

Sunday -- Guests from the Philippines arrive. I'm asked to make tuna macaroni salad, my childhood comfort food. My MIL cooks pot roast with vegetables. My all-time favorite. My FIL brings home $200 worth of really awesome sushi from our favorite sushi place. I drink lemonade.

Monday -- I bring Filipino teenagers to the big outlet mall and watch them eat mall food while I sip a bottle of water. We go the the movies, where I drink more water. Followed by their favorite - Taco Bell - where they didn't even have water. Dessert at Cold Stone Creamery. I waited in the car.

Seriously, where are the chicken feet and beef bile soup my in-laws are so fond of. Why am I being taunted (or tested?) during this trying time? I feel like some big cosmic bully is kicking sand in my face. All the more reason to not give in. Maybe I'm supposed to be proving myself right now.

Thanks for letting me whine, but I know you all understand how hard it is to not be food-centric in a food centered world. I'm trying to keep a stiff upper lip and really follow through with this detox, but it's hard. I guess that's why it will be nice to look back on the accomplishment, right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User
Re: The Master Cleanse and a Cruel, Cruel Universe

All I can say is you have FAR more will power than I do! I would have cracked by now! Congrats for sticking with it.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

You didn't injure anyone, did you? If not, you are DEFINITELY a better person than I am!! BTW, all that food you described was really bird feet stew, your hunger just told you it was pot roast, sushi, etc. Sera

Old 05-22-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Frozen,
My problem is HEADACHE at day 2, but that's another story...probably caffeine withdrawal. So I can never get to even Day 3.

But I have a hint for you:
Quote:
But bull feathers to those who say you're not hungry on this plan because I'm famished
What's causing you to be famished is the lemonade. The body accustoms itself to living off its fat and protein stores (kudos for the first and damn the second) when there is NO food and then hunger quickly disappears...it really DOES!
But NOT if your body keeps getting doses of sugar in the form of lemonade. You are defeating the body's ability to properly cope with "famine" this way.

Try the fast with NOTHING but cool delicious water; you will be amazed at how fast all hunger disappears.

Last edited by Lenin; 05-22-2007 at 06:14 AM.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
(female)

Frozen HB User

Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys! Lenin, I was worried you'd disapprove but am glad to hear that you've done fasts before. And the bonus? I've lost 9 pounds of water and yucky intestinal stuff in 3 days!!!! That should keep me going through day 4. And, as I said, I feel mentally better. The depression I deal with is so much less that it's easier to stay motivated and busy. Yay, Lemonade!!

Old 05-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

When you say teh Master Cleanse do you mean the real version or another version? People throughout time have altered it to suit them. The grade B maple syrup has all the minerals and vitamins you need to get you through. The only thing it lacks is protein. The pure squeezed lemon juice is to help remove the debris out of your body. The cayenne pepper is to speed up your metabolism and you are only using distilled water correct? YOu are suppose to drink plenty of plain water throughout the day along with drinking the Cleanser

A headache is one of the many side effects you get when doing it. Could be from lack of real food but I get it cause I get sick for 2 days ... as if I an coming down with the flu. All those toxins that were trapped in my fat cells are freely moving throughout my blood stream and it's not so pleasant.

The first day, day and 1/2 I'm a but hungry but nothing crazy. By the thrid day no more tummy growling and seeing food does not bother me. Are you doing the salt water flush in the mornings? That washes out the debris that was loosened.

I can't do it teh master Cleanser yet cause I just got Botox and the last time the Cleanser washed $450 of Botox out of my body. So in 3 months I'll do it 10 days before I go back for my next round of Botox

Good Luck to you !

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 05-23-2007 at 07:57 AM.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
(female)

simplyme81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSqueaky View Post
. Are you doing the salt water flush in the mornings? That washes out the debris that was loosened!
HOw much of that are you supposed to drink?

Old 05-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #8
(female)

Frozen HB User

Somewhat modified -- I've been using bottled spring water instead of distilled and had to stop the cayenne pepper on day 4 because it was causing a major gag reflex. I'm drinking the tea every night -- it's pretty tasty. I've done the SWF every other day just because it's hard to schedule in the planned diarrhea. (2 tsp sea salt in 32oz lukewarm water) Everything is clearing out of my system just fine anyhow. Trust me.

I've added an organic, whole food vitamin and mineral supplement because I'm starting to feel a bit weak. I'm a massage therapist, so work is pretty vigorous. I've also added oregano oil for it's anti-parasitic properties, just in case I need it.

BTW, lobster arrived last night courtesy of my father-in-law. I couldn't even go near the kitchen. I'm just waiting for Ben and Jerry to personally deliver some coffee heath bar crunch. If it's ever going to happen, it will happen this week ...Mmmmm, lemonade.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

hi Frozen long time no see ya on here?
anywayz you keep it up girl your will power is left without qustion and is an insperation to all of us.

btw is this the Lemonade diet that your suppose to lose weight on with the cayenne pepper? and thats all you have each day? how long are you going to be doing this, or just to to cleanse your body I mean?

do you have bad breath doing this diet? like your probably in ketoisa
if you are maybe you should go see your Dr...he may have you to stop this diet? tryclicrides are probably pretty hi?
and also do you take a vitamin with Iron in it?
if this is just a cleanseing thing how long do you have to do it?

anywayz my hats off to you I would have gave up at the stonecreamy YUMMY.
ANYWAY GOOD TO SEE YOU POST, AND GOOD lUCK WITH THIS.

Last edited by chevyman; 05-24-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #10
(female)

Frozen HB User

Nice to see you, too, Chevy! Yes, this is also known as the lemonade diet. I'm doing it as a cleanse because I've been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I'm tired of the chronic pain. (It doesn't bother me that I've already lost 12lbs of water and junk.) I was thinking that I should flush out as many toxins as possible and get my body back into balance so it could heal. I've been a diet Pepsi junkie and am sure that has contributed to the FM. Let me tell you -- my pain has practically disappeared since I started this fast! It's pretty amazing.

Tonight is the end of day 6. I'm shooting for 10 days on the fast followed by several days of easing back into food. The "plan" calls for anything from 10-40 days. I might try to go longer next time, but don't want to get too carried away on my first try. I haven't had anything but the lemonade, water, laxative tea, vitamin supplement and the salt water flush since last Friday. Oh, except a very small glass of OJ a couple of days ago because I felt really hypoglycemic. Never, in a million years, did I think I could do this. It's quite an esteem booster to see myself in this new, powerful light.

I live with my mother-in-law, who is an MD. She's curious to see how this all plays out and wants to draw some blood at the end to make sure I'm ok. So, you could say that my fast is doctor-supervised. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm cheating and sneaking snacks, but I know the truth.

I was worried about bad breath, but my mouth and entire body are fresher now than ever. I was joking today that toothpaste and deodorant have become optional. (yes, I'm still brushing my teeth ) I pretty much feel wonderful except first thing in the morning and right around dinner time. Old habits are hard to break and my body expects food at these times.

I'll keep you updated. Your support means so much to me. Thank you!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

The salt water flush is made by mixing 2 level teaspoons of uniodized sea salt to a quart of lukewarm water. Shake well or stir well and drink the entire quart. It's also good to massage the colon as well. Make sure you use uniodized sea salt; regular or iodized salt will not have the same beneficial effect. Be close to the bathroom soon after drinking this as you will visit the potty more than once for a good amount of time.
I use 2 20 ounce cups and pour half of the salt water into each. I take a deep breath and drink one of the glasses through a straw to the very end. I need a min or 2 to catch my breath and then drink the other.
You are so full after that. Good news is it will leave your body soon

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 05-24-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

I have a silly question, How do you get it down?I made a gallon jug, with Organic Lemon juice,Pure maple surup, and s dash of Cayanne Pepper,I let it get really cold, AND I think it tastes like a sweaty armpit.....Im havin some issues gettin it down. ANY help would be great!

Old 05-25-2007, 11:10 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

You are not suppose to drink it cold. It's suppose to be warm. If you can't handle the warmth then at least room temperature. Never cold.
I love the tast. I think it's yummy.

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 05-25-2007 at 11:10 AM.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Wow a Quart? dang I don't think I could do that.
I admire all of you that do this, if it makes you feel better and become more healthy ,gives you a jump-start then hey why the heck not.
I wish you all well with this.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

I am starting fresh tomorrow,(because I ate today,couldnt stand the lemonade mixture) I am starting fresh tomorrow,I let it out on the counter, added some more syrup,it wasnt as bad, kinda like a flat lemonade.I know I can do this!!!!!

Closed Thread