It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

babsbaby HB User
Eating breakfast

Well I don't know. They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But when I eat breakfast I am absolutely starving all day long. So I don't bother with it anymore and that seems to suit me fine. I only eat around 1,200 calories per day and walk for (depening on the weather) 30 mins to 1 hour. Anyone else notice the same ??

Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Eating breakfast

I think that if it's what works best for you then NO-BREAKFAST is the way for you to go.
I too find that UNTIL I start to eat, I can go fine without food, but once I start I START! So I can relate. Even the smallest morsel starts the hunger.

When partner was working I would OFTEN go without breakfast but the last months I've been eating a large one...often pancakes at 600calories or French Toast at 500 calories. I will say that my weight control was a LOT easier without the breakfast.

Last edited by Lenin; 08-07-2007 at 07:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

Claire13 HB User

I thought that was the point of breakfast, it kickstarts your metabolism. Surely if you are hungry again you have used up the energy that was in what you ate for breakfast? Have you tried eating cereals which slowly release energy? and do you have enough when you have breakfast? I usually have cereal, fruit and some fruit juice in the morning and it takes me right up until lunch time.

Obviously I dont know how hungry you get or what you have for breakfast, maybe it just doesnt work for you. Thought i would post anyways

claire

Old 08-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

viccles HB User

I would not give up breakfast. I agree with Claire13 on this.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
(female)

wilkie2u HB User
Thumbs up Re: Eating breakfast

I agree with Babsbaby. When I eat breakfast I am hungry all day long. If I just have my coffee and go on with my day I'm usually not as hungry come lunch time. So I forego the breakfast...Now that's not saying that I don't like or should I say love breakfast foods, I will sometimes order that type of food when I go out.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

The question is WHAT are you eating for breakfast?

Hunger is typically caused by a rise in glucose levels followed by a quick decline. My guess is that your breakfast is carb-heavy and causing somewhat of a hypoglycemic response, meaning your glucose levels drop suddenly 2-3 hours after breakfast. Once this occurs, the cycle is apt to continue for the rest of the day. Common breakfast foods cause this - wheat cereals, especially sugary ones (dry or cooked), muffins, fruit, bananas, toast, etc.

Instead, try eating a breakfast that is heavier on the protein and lighter on carbs. For example, eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt. Make sure that if you do eat carbs for breakfast they are high in fiber, since the fiber will help to avoid a hypoglycemic effect.

Also, you don't need to eat a lot for breakfast. You could make it more of a snack - something around 150-200 calories. For example. a hardboiled egg + 1/2 cup of cooked oat bran cereal + 1/2 cup cottage cheese is only 220 calories total, filling, high in fiber and protein.

Closed Thread