It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
(female)

foxyfitness HB User
Workout daily and can not lose weight

I am hoping for some advice. I am 24 and weigh 135 pounds and 5'5'' and that is 10 to 15 pounds more then I would like to weigh. I have been working my but off to try to lose the weight but nothing has helped. It has been two months since I have started working out. I work out 4 to 5 days a week. 45 minutes of high paced cardio (treadmill at about 6.5) Then I do strength training for 45 to 60 minutes focusing on different parts different days. I always do some abs. My diet consists of light muscle milk 7am (250 calories 25g protein) turkey sandwich yogurt fruit 11am (aprox 350 calories) Kellogg's protein bar 3pm (200 calories) protein, vegetables, and small amt of carbs 7pm (400 max calories) and sometimes a light bag of popcorn or fruit bar 9pm (100 calories) I also take womens active vitamins daily. I do not drink alcohol and do not smoke. AND i am not noticing the my clothes fitting any differently or any weight loss. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

Last edited by foxyfitness; 09-07-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: needed to add height

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

viccles HB User
Re: Workout daily and can not lose weight

I can give you an answer. Not enough calories

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
(female)

foxyfitness HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by viccles View Post
I can give you an answer. Not enough calories
I have tried eating more but then I seem to gain weight

Old 09-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

viccles HB User

Depends what your eating...try to eat good carbs ie brown bread/rice/fruit/veg etc and lean meats ie turkey/chicken and try for around 1400-1500 since you are working out you will need the extra calories. Even 1600 you could do. I bet you will start losing weight at a gradual pace. If this doesnt work you might want to go to a doctor and see if there is something restricting your weight loss

Old 09-20-2007, 06:08 AM   #5
(female)

bjz823 HB User

I have the same problem. I have gained ten pounds since going off the pill one month ago. I had my thyroid checked, everything is fine.

Still waiting for my body to get back to the way it was before the pill.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #6
(female)

vickid HB User

Just a thought for you, have you ever heard of an exercise program called t-tapp? It is the best workout ever. The key is consistancy and you won't believe how much you firm up. The scale may not move much, but, you'll lose clothing sizes.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-20-2007 at 01:57 PM. Reason: promoting commercial website

Old 09-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

There are a few possible reasons.

1. You aren't eating enough calories
2. You are eating too many calories
3. You are building muscle mass to replace your fat tissue, and muscle weighs more than fat

First question, have you measured your body? Have you lost inches?

Second, how much are you trying to lose, and why? You are not overweight, and a healthy body will often resist losing more pounds than what is considered normal weight. Given your age, I am wondering if as an adolescent you might have been much thinner, and now as an adult, you are attempting to achieve your "teen physique". If you have filled out some, it doesn't mean you are overweight, just different than before. Your physical body structure WILL change in your twenties, compared to your late teens. That is a natural process.

Your BMR is abut 1440. That is how many calories would maintain your weight completely sedentary. According to your post, you are only consuming 1300 calories and likely burning off about 500 calories on the days you exercise. That puts you at a net calorie intake of 800 calories - 56% less than your BMR. I would venture to guess that your body is conflicted right now. Your exercise is encouraging fat loss and muscle growth, but your diet is encouraging fat retention because you are not getting enough calories.

I think if you consume 1600 calories per day you will achieve better results. It may not happen overnight, but it is not physically possible for you to gain weight at this calorie level unless you are not accurately measuring your food portions.

As for the foods you are eating... you are consuming a lot of liquid calories. I don't recommend that. I believe that you should not consume your calories through liquids but rather by solid foods consisting of healthful fiberous carbs and high quality proteins. Skip the milk, the granola bars, protein powders, etc, (they are fine as supplements, but not as your sole source of nutrition). Try consuming more natural healthful foods including meats, fish, eggs, whole grains, beans, veggies, etc. Drink water for hydration.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #8
(male)

bigomanclad HB User

I think i can see your problem,

It becomes exponentially harder to loose weight the less the weight you need to loose. It might be the case that in order to burn that excess fat you need to taylor your work out.

I recommend doing some resistance work outs and also cardio such as running and rowing.

diet wise stick to complex carbs such as pasta and brown rice. 6 small meals a day and increase your protein intake. If you are hungry drink water if you are still hungry after a glass of water then have a piece of fruit and a handful of nuts.

you need to eat frequently and adequate amounts to be able to loose weight. your body needs to know that itis going to get fed, otherwise it will store the fat for extra energy.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #9
(male)

Nexis HB User

I had the exact problem when I was your age, and our weight and height is very similar...

Alike you, I was exercising, eating less, yet not losing weight... This went on for a few years... I knew something was wrong, yet at one point, I stopped eating meat and chicken and finally lost about 20 pounds... Yet like you I was not losing weight like I should normally have...

I few years ago, I found out I was prediabetic; you can get a test done called a "Oral Glucose Tolerance Test"... This was the reason why I was not losing weight as fast enough for all the working out... I cut out all the sugar in my diet, and that managed to hold my weight at about 120 pounds now, and I would love to lose 10 more...

Old 09-22-2007, 04:48 AM   #10
(male)

bigomanclad HB User

I would also recommend getting tested for an underactive thyroid. I have one done roughly every 3 years just to make sure (runs in the family)

Has there been diabetes and/or thyroid problems in the family at all?

Closed Thread