It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
(male)

F_C_R_S HB User
Am exercising everyday, eating reduced calorie meals! Only lost 1 pound this week!

So I am going on my 3rd week of a new exercise/diet plan.

I am 23 year old male, I weight 239 pounds (I started at 246). I lost 6 pounds after my 1st week was over and I weighed myself today and I have only lost 1 pound this entire week.

I don't get it.

I have been eating on average 1500 to 1800 calories a day (sometimes less) and working off over 500 calories a day in exercise on my recumbant bike. I also have been lifting free weights for 10 mins after each cycling exercise.

I don't get why I only lost 1 pound this week, compared to the previous week when I dropped 6 pounds.

I am going to continue working at this, but I am so dissapointed with this week's results. I just don't understand.

Last edited by F_C_R_S; 09-30-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
(female)

AlmostThinOpal HB User
Re: Am exercising everyday, eating reduced calorie meals! Only lost 1 pound this week

I will always lose about five pounds of weight right away, whenever i start a new diet. Then it slows down to 1 or 2 pounds a weeks. Maybe that's why you lost so much the first week. Don't give up! You still lost one pound which is great!

ALSO your muscles might be building up and that could cause you to weigh more even though you definitely have less fat. When I was working out every day the scale moved SOO slowly even though I was burning 1000 cals a day. Give it another two weeks and you should start to see more loss as your muscles get used to the workout.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
(male)

nednj36 HB User
Re: Am exercising everyday, eating reduced calorie meals! Only lost 1 pound this week

1. do not diet!

2. exercise 5 days a week, not 7

3. for cardio, short workouts are best. 15-20 minute bicycle rides, jog-sprint (15 min)

4. Try modified push-ups (on knees). work up to 20-25 5 days per week

5. eat a large breakfast at 8am (omelettes, oatmeal, any eggs), decent snack at 10-11am (yogurt, apple or pear, hard boiled egg, turkey & cheese slices), decent lunch at 12-2pm (cheeseburge, deli sandwich, pizza), modest snack at 4pm (yogurt, Go Lean crunch bar), very modest dinner (bowl of cereal, or, 1 hot dog, or, 1 lean cuisine dinner

6. you can weigh yourself daily, but don't look for ANY results for 3 mos. If you stick to the plan you will lose the weight you want.

7. Do it slowly. Set your goal for 2-4 lbs. per month until you reach desired weight

8. here's the clincher. once you hit a milestone (example: under 250 lbs.) do not evr allow yourself to get above that milestone--at ALL COSTS!!!

RECAP:

don't diet--you will fail
work out 4-5 times weekly. don't over do it. if you work out beyond 25 minutes, your Cortisol rises and you defeat the purpose.
DO NOT WORK OUT after 7PM (Cortisol levels are very high at this time)
DON'T QUIT!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

hi,
well a pound is a pound and thats good, next time it could be another 5/6 lbs the main thing is you don't want to lose to fast, nice and slow works best and ever now and then if a pound is all you lose in a week (so what) take it lol... theres always the next week,
try to stick with either 1600 or the 1800 close to it as you can one of the two.

I notice when I would do that it made my weight loss flex, I was at 1500 then some days go 1600/1800, so I just started going as close as I could inbetween at 1700 that was what I stayed with mostly.

Try eating a little more whole grains and proteine, some times you will have a flex weight loss low or not any and maybe gain , its usually due to your body changes and fluid retention, if you just lose a pound a week or nothing at all thats better than gaining, if you keep exercising and watching your cal you will lose just give it more time in some cases at least 4 to 6 weeks.

Find out your BMR# subtract 400/600 calories from that, for a daily amount.
keep up the exercise and you will do fine.

We can't lose a lot of weight over night and its much safer to lose slower rather than fast...pound a week is perfectly fine because there will be weeks you lose more than that...just feel luckly that you earned that pound that you lost and take what your body will give ya.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
(female)

Sugafoot76 HB User

exercising every day is too much...give your body a break...try every other day...your muscles need time to heal...exercising is really just ripping apart muscle fibers, and they need a day to regenerate...remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so if you work out too much, you won't lose poundage, just the fat...it becomes muscle...I've have found when I'm losing weight and in a rut, I don't exercise for a few days, then I start dropping weight again...good luck!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
(female)

Masterlenx HB User
Thumbs up Re: Am exercising everyday, eating reduced calorie meals! Only lost 1 pound this week

What diet/exercise plan are you doing exactly? It all depends on the diet. If your exercising dilligently.... Then are you cheating on the diet? Sometimes - remember to be very on to doing your workout everyday. Don't skip any at all, otherwise your body will give itself a chance to try and lapse back into what it's used to. If you're stressed out a lot or something then that's going to make it worse - stress can either make it harder to lose weight, or make it easier.

Take a look at your emotional self right now.

But you're doing a really good job right now, so don't give up okay dear? Also, I went up to visit my sister in Oregon just last summer, and she convinced me to workout. -sighs- it was like boot camp. It was over a hundred degrees everyday, she put me on a strict diet, and I hated every second of everyday of every week of it. In the first week alone I lost 10 lbs. I've heard that this isn't a good amount to lose, but my body was getting the good nutrients at the time - I was just sweating a lot due to the heat, and I went hiking, had plenty of water... If you want to lose weight fast, workout during the summer in the heat, but make sure you don't overdue it and pass out. Keep plenty of water on you.

Closed Thread