It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
(female)

Juniorandtaisma HB User
Exclamation Best and worst diets, diet pills, and your advice needed!

Ok so I am a 24 year old female with 2 kids. I am going to try a diet, along with diet pills and excersize tapes. I would like to know anyones input on the best and worst of all these things. I don't want any more kids and after I get my weight down I am going to get a tummy tuck and a breast reduction, but figured it would be much better to lose the weight first! I was a size 1 and a B cup before my kids and now after 2 kids I am a size 14/16 and a D cup. I don't want to be a size 1 again but don't want to be over a size 8

Old 01-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Best and worst diets, diet pills, and your advice needed!

Pills do not work. You eat less and move more. When eating, you purchase foods that are organic because they do not contain herbicides, pesticides, wax, dyes, additives, preservatives, and many more other toxic chemicals. The reason is, these chemicals build up in your body over time causing you to be cancerous, diseased, and sick. In addition, these additives and such can also cause weight gain. Your body does not know how to process these toxins and they build up in your fatty tissue. So, my advice is to not take diet pills. Eat a very wise organic diet. Drink a lot of water because your body needs it, it is also a natural appetite suppressent, and it flushes the toxins from your body. Take vitamins that you may be lacking instead of diet pills. I personally take Flaxseed, Vitamin E, Echinacea, Aloe Vera, Probiotics, Noni Antioxidants, Coral Calcium, and I am currently doing the Garden of Life Perfect Cleanse. You could do a cleanse because you may drop a couple of pounds just from the build up in your colon. You have build up if you eat processed foods.

If you drink soda, stop. Drink water instead. Organic milk, organic apple juice or orange juice. Have a light cereal for snacks and add a fresh banana to it. For dinner you can make pasta, they have organic pasta sauces in the grocery and make sure to not eat more than a proper serving. These are the types of things that will help your body, not diet pills.

What happens when you stop taking diet pills??? Hmmm....you tend to gain weight again. It isn't natural. Just be wise with your food and move more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
(female)

SuperGirl03 HB User

I agree. Do NOT take diet pills. They are many side-effects, and once you stop taking them...the weight comes right back. Eat better, healthier, and start exercising. The weight will drop, as well as your waist and breast size.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

sunshinee HB User

I agree as well! Do not take diet pills. No matter how great they may seem ...you will gain it back. The worst thing about diet pills are the strain they put on your body, especially your heart. I agree with everything that was said, but I have one more suggestion to start you off on your lifestyle change. First of all I would avoid the word "diet" altogether. A diet is a short term thing, and no matter what you always "come off" of it. Think of your plan as a life long change. You want to start cutting the bad out, and slowly adding positive, life long, changes. A good idea is to drink green tea. Aside from it having numerous health benefits (aiding in cellular respiration, antioxidants, blocking free-radicals, etc etc etc) it is also a natural appetite suppressant. Once you get comfortable with new eating habits try to inquire green tea. You can do so anytime you feel the urge to eat in excess or if you are leaning towards discretionary calories (those that are eaten after daily nutrient intakes are meet ie. cake, cookies, snack crackers, etc). It will help to curb your appetite, conquer your craving, and the nutritional value is wonderful. However, do not be fooled by Lipton "Green Tea" in a bottle at the super market. I am referring to hot, brewed green tea maybe with a little honey and lemon if you'd like. There are some bottled Green Tea's are Wegmans or you can brew your own and chill it. Hope this helps ...You can do it!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
(male)

MadCatFey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaIn2006 View Post
When eating, you purchase foods that are organic because they do not contain herbicides, pesticides, wax, dyes, additives, preservatives, and many more other toxic chemicals. The reason is, these chemicals build up in your body over time causing you to be cancerous, diseased, and sick.
I agree with the other things you said, but that statement seems a bit paranoid. For most fruits and vegs, you will be ABSOLUTELY fine by washing them off before you snack on them. It is more important to eat healthy then buying everything organic; plus, I would hate to see someone stop their diet because they don't want to pay the extra money on organic food.

I would try to buy organic-free-range meat since I think the flavor is better and you're not going to consume antibiotics and whatever else.

Closed Thread