It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
pineapple diet? does it work?

Anyone ever heard of the pineapple diet?
I read in some magazine the other day about some Dr said to lose about 7 to10 lbs in 24 hours eat a pineappple or two and drink lots of water,,,each time you get hungry just go eat some pineapple fresh or caned and drink lots of water , during a 24 hour period your body will clean its self out and you actually lose about 7 to 10 lbs in 24 hours.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
(female)

cappuccino HB User
Re: pineapple diet? does it work?

i think it is just same as the "apple diet", which is only eating apples during the day and drinking loads of water. but I think pineapple is too strong to eat with a empty stomach. it will hurt your stomach for sure. at least eat a piece of wholemeal bread before your start this diet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I have heard it WORKS but it's only temporary and comes back on as soon as you start eating normally. It's probably best to only do this VERY short term if at all. I'm sure it's not recommended, but I'd admit that I'd do something like this maybe before a beach trip or anytime I'm looking to get thinner quickly. I bet you lose a lot of excess water weight. I'm not sure if you lose as much as it claims, but I'm sure it works somewhat. I also would worry that it would hurt your stomach since pineapple is so acidic. I can't even eat that much of it or it bothers my tongue!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

hi,
well this is interesting to me because I have went down to my goal weight but my reason for wanting to lose extra (I mantain now) and my diet is going great I eat about the same amount calories daily and exercise.
I am doing a weight lifting program 5 days a week for just 20 minutes and I want to have 6 pack abs, but I still have that fat around my stomach and sides, its not to bad but I can still see it and if I wear a tight t-shirt thats when I really feel that I'm fat...so hence the quick 7-10 lbs loss.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I couldn't imagine you really losing 7-10 pounds, but if you try it and it works, let us know! I've lost almost 10 pounds in a day or two but that was because I had a bad stomach virus and was throwing up all day AND not eating at all. I couldn't imagine pineapple sitting in my stomach making me lose more weight. But who knows? Maybe it works.

I think a quick weight loss can HELP temporarily with abs. I gain any weight in my midsection, so I usually am very careful with my eating or take hoodia pills before a trip to the beach and my abs show up much more. It also gets rid of any bloating. However, as soon as I stop doing that (or as soon as you stop eating only pineapple), it comes back.

The only way I've been able to keep off the weight is to just eat less and eat less sodium, drink lots of water, and keep up a good amount of cardio. All the crunches in the world won't give me good abs unless I go jogging to burn the fat off over my abs. I used to do about 500 crunches a day and didn't SEE my results (I could feel them) until I did a lot of cardio and watched what I ate.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
I couldn't imagine you really losing 7-10 pounds, but if you try it and it works, let us know! I've lost almost 10 pounds in a day or two but that was because I had a bad stomach virus and was throwing up all day AND not eating at all. I couldn't imagine pineapple sitting in my stomach making me lose more weight. But who knows? Maybe it works.

I think a quick weight loss can HELP temporarily with abs. I gain any weight in my midsection, so I usually am very careful with my eating or take hoodia pills before a trip to the beach and my abs show up much more. It also gets rid of any bloating. However, as soon as I stop doing that (or as soon as you stop eating only pineapple), it comes back.

The only way I've been able to keep off the weight is to just eat less and eat less sodium, drink lots of water, and keep up a good amount of cardio. All the crunches in the world won't give me good abs unless I go jogging to burn the fat off over my abs. I used to do about 500 crunches a day and didn't SEE my results (I could feel them) until I did a lot of cardio and watched what I ate.
Yeah I understand what your saying here, yes I agree the weight will come right back maybe more when I stop with eating the pineapple.
I'm undecided as to try it but I might just what happens.
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

I think the stomach is the hardest part of the body to lose, its the thickest its about an inch thick of layered fat, maybe its the part of your body that exercise seems to tend to last.....lol, sit-ups and crunches should help with the stomach area at least tighten up a litttle bit.
Maybe it matters about age? to lose in the stomach area? I'm 34 how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Good Luck to you your dieting and trying to lose.
if your met your goal? Congrad's

Closed Thread