It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

EncourageMe HB User
Thumbs up Beginning my journey to weight loss..............

Well, if you haven't gathered so from my screen name, I am in need of encouragement! I am beginning my journey to weight loss ......... once again I might add. I am 28 years old and come from a long line of overweight people. There is yet to be a skinny one in my family for that matter. We do indulge in country cookin' as well, but it is one of those things were diet is not the only factor. Along with the genes and food is the fact that I take steroids for my asthma. I take a round about every three months or so and each time the weight comes back on. But all excuses aside here is my goal.

I WANT TO SAFELY AND PERMANENTLY LOOSE SOME WEIGHT - SERIOUS WEIGHT!

I will need encouragement and tough love to keep me motivated. Stay on me and offer tips or advice please. I am reaching out to the healthboard family for support.

Starting weight 286 - Yikes!

The following user gives a hug of support to EncourageMe:
ISABELLAgirl (09-18-2011)
Old 02-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
(female)

Winnie31 HB User
Re: Beginning my journey to weight loss..............

Congrats for taking the first step!!
I to am starting a excerise plan and trying to eat better. It's pretty simple I know what I need to eat and how much but none of it sounds good at all. I want the fast food...but this can no longer happen. I have been searching for receipes and learning how to insert more vegtables and fruits into my foods that I cook. I joined a fitness club and have started working out about three times a week and on weekends I usually walk about 3 to 4 miles. I'm at 189 and want to get to around 135 or so... I know that I will never be a skinney mini. Good luck to you and I will check in now and then to check on your progress!!

Winnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2008, 05:42 AM   #3
(female)

EncourageMe HB User

Thanks for your support! When I weighed this morning I had lost 3 pounds!

Old 02-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
(female)

limpster HB User

Encouageme Congratulations on your journey to Weight loss I am right here with you.

I take alot of medicines due to having Multiple Sclerosis and almost all of them have a side effect of weight gain including steroid IV's that I have to have sometimes.

I have gained 45 lbs since my journey with MS has started and I feel miserable.

I finally decided to join Weight Watchers and try really hard to lose the weight(I can't exercise due to my legs).

I have been going for 6 weeks now. I've only lost 6 1/2 lbs and it has been a real struggle.

My advice to you is to make mini goals instead of major goals in losing weight.

When you succeed at a mini goal such as 3 lbs it really does make you feel good.

My attitude is different this time. All the other times I just wanted to lose weight and once I did I thought that I can eat now and won't gain the weight back WRONG!

My attitude now is this is a change in life style. I try to think of food as fuel not pleasure.

I wish you luck on your journey. I will be right there with you

Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
(female)

EncourageMe HB User

Thank you so much! Your support is appreciated!

Closed Thread