It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
(male)

PopKing HB User
Can you live off of just fruits and vegetables?

Can you eat just fruits and vegetables or does your body need anything else?

Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
(female)

Blossom27 HB User
Re: Can you live off of just fruits and vegetables?

Yes you can up to a point. You need to eat plenty of dark green vegetables like broccoli and spinach to make sure you consume enough iron in your diet. Red meat eaten 2 to 3 times a week gives all the iron we need. You will also need to make sure that you consume enough calcium if you are cutting milk out of your diet. Get hold of a good book on becoming vegetarian. It will tell you how to eat a balanced diet that will give you all the nutrients that your body needs, to stay healthy. They will also suggest some very good recipes that you can make.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
(male)

PopKing HB User

I want to cut meat out of my diet entirely or at least try.Any other way to get "IRON" in my diet besides eating meat and dark greens?

I have milk with my oatmeal and whey protein.I still like to eat pasta from time to time and cereal etc . I wan't to try and live healthier....it's hard.

Last edited by PopKing; 09-23-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: said protein instead of iron

Old 09-24-2008, 03:47 AM   #4
(female)

Blossom27 HB User

You can get vegetarian supplements I suggest that you buy an iron supplement. As I said in my last post if you are going vegetarian then buy a book about it. It will tell you what you need in supplements that you donít get from meat. It is important to get enough protein into your diet. This can be done through milk, yoghurts and other milk based products. Also from lentils and beans like red kidney beans use in Chilli con carnie and white beans that are the same shape as the red ones. Proteins are important for the body to carry out repairs in the muscle areas. You also need to keep your calories intake at the right level for what you do, if you donít then the body uses up any fat stored on your body, once that has gone it then starts to break down the muscles in your body. It will also drop your metabolism as it thinks that you are in a famine. If you want to lose weight then please use exercise to increase your metabolic rate, this is the best way to loose weight.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
(female)

mohini HB User

You Do Not Have To Eat Meat To Be Healthy. I Think Being Veterian Is More Healthy Way Of Living.
There Is Lots Of Iron In Fresh Dates, Which You Can Buy From Any Supermarkets. Blackstrap Molasis Is Another Source To Get Iron.you Can Buy Them From Health Shop. Get Organic One, It Is Better. Desolve One Tablespoon Of Blackstrap Molasis In Hot Milk And It Will Make Delicious Drink.and Is Very Low In Calory. And Lots Of Iron.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
(male)

PopKing HB User

Yes I will buy some iron supplements or some fresh dates,as for Protein will some whey protein be enough after workout?

Closed Thread