It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

amandalynn636 HB User
Does anyone take Meridia??

Hi! I am new to the board. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has ever or is still taken Meridia? If so what your experience was with it. My doctor prescribed it to me last week. I had a baby almost 2 years ago & had a 115 lb weight gain with the pregnancy, I lost some of it but have been having a hard time losing the rest of it. I have about 100 to lose all together. He prescribed me phentermine at first but I have taken it on & off over the years so I think I have built up a bit of a tolerance to it. I also wondered if maybe since I have a tolerance to phentermine if maybe I would have one to Meridia as well? I do know that Meridia is not a magic pill & that exercise & diet has to change as well. I have been successful at losing weight on my own in the past just having a hard time now for some reason. Anyway any advice would be grateful!

Old 02-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
(male)

BillGent HB User
Re: Does anyone take Meridia??

All I can say is watch your fat intake! Butter, Cooking oils etc.. need to be cut down on. If you eat greasy, fatty foods.. you can have an unpleasant and embarrassing experience.
Your hygiene can suffer a set back at the worst times if you catch my drift.

My doctor was on it for awhile too. When we were talking about it.. his nurses came into the room because we were laughing so hard. They heard us in the waiting room.

I was stupid and continued eating greasy foods. I truly didn't understand all the implications. It can and will work if you do it right. Not trying to be gross.. but carry an extra pair of undies with you until you see how its going to affect you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
(female)

amandalynn636 HB User

Thanks but I think you are thinking of Alli or Xenical. Those are the meds that block your fat & come out in your stool & can can give you the loose or oily stool if you are not careful. Meridia is just supposed to trigger your brain to make you feel full when you are eating so that you eat less. Though so far I have no had any good results with it, but I also have a problem of eating or continuing to eat when I am not hungry.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
(female)

Froufie HB User

HI amandlynn,

Just found this board and your post! Wondering if you took/are still taking the Meridia and what your experience has been like?

I just completed a 10 day trial with much success and my dr has just provided me with a prescription.

Would love to hear how you (and anyone else on Meridia) is doing!

Thanks

Closed Thread