It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

Prettys13 HB User
Talking Looking for weight loss support

Hi everyone! My name is Angela and I am new to this site. Basically I was looking online for some support groups or sites that could help me in my path to lose weight. I am currently 23 years old at about 187lbs standing at 5'6".

I am looking for fellow weight watchers to help guide me, give advice, share stories and be my "go to" people for when I feel like binging. It seems like most of the people around me don't take me seriously or just say "your not fat". I really need support because I have an eating disorder and mild depression so eating constantly comes naturally for me and my mother.

My ideal weight would be somewhere around 130lbs (back where I used to be a few years ago). That seems like a decent weight for someone my height and age.

I appreciate any feedback and I look forward to having an online weightloss buddy

Thanks,
Angela

Last edited by Prettys13; 01-25-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Looking for weight loss support

What happened to you a few years ago that caused you to start gaining a lot of weight (57 lbs. in a few years)? Knowing that might be an important clue to help you solve your problem. You were 130 lbs. at age 20 and then went to 187 by age 23?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
(female)

Prettys13 HB User

Well I started gaining the weight around 18 and got to my top weight of 185 at about 20.

It started with birth control shot, being in a 2 year relationship and getting "comfy" and being lazy and eating more and more. I have a bad sweet tooth and so does my mom so she doesn't help. (I moved back in with my parents so I can get back on my feet)

So basically being out of shape, and having an eating disorder and the depo shot made me who I am today.

Thanks for the reply!

Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
(female)

Helenbob HB User

Hello there, I am also a new member trying to loose weight. I am 43 and I weigh about 196, as of this morning. I exercise, drink water and diet. I have been serious for about a month and have only lost about four pounds. I have gained and lost before but this is my highest. I have suffered from depression as well and I know it seems like food is a comfort sometimes but now I read and exercise. Those are things I used to enjoy alot. Find a hobby that is simple to do and keeps you buisy. Then food is not what you think of FIRST. Keep trying andkeep your chin up, I will! Helen

Last edited by Helenbob; 01-27-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
(female)

holahanson HB User

Hi Angela,
I'm 22 and am currently 167 lbs. I'm also on weight watchers; I did low carb and lost about 60 pounds (started at 225) but realized that it wasn't the healthiest diet, so I'm trying WW instead. I like it but I am having trouble sticking to it too.

Some good suggestions... I bring veggies to work so when I want to snack it's a 0 point snack. Also, 130 is a good long term goal, but maybe make a lower short term goal for yourself so it doesn't seem as unattainable (not saying you think 130 is unattainable; just saying that it's much easier to shoot for say, 170 and then once you get there, keep going) My current goals are to get to 155 and drink atleast 40 ounces of water a day (since I usually barely drink any) I need to exercise too but I hate the winter...
Also, I like to write in journals.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-28-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 03-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #6
(female)

jazzmatazz HB User

Low Carb
I just wanted to tell you my experience of the last two months. I went to my GP for a checkup and told her how frustrated I was with my weight. She decided to prescribe Phentermine and also a low carb diet. After five days I had an allergic reaction to the Phentermine, but continued on with the low carb diet. After a couple of weeks I noticed my asthma was better, my digestive problems were 95% better and my joints no longer ached.
I had an appointment two weeks ago with a gastroenterologist and I told him about my improved health. He was not surprised what did it. He explained that even in treating heart patients studies have shown low carb is better than low fat/low cholesterol. It just so happened this past weekend I ran into someone that her father had a heart attack last autumn and she said he was now on a low carb diet and has lost 30 lbs. My weight loss is at 15.2 lbs. I feel better than I have in years, so I will continue this new way of eating as a lifestyle change.

Closed Thread