It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
(female)

Pmom2 HB User
Need to lose abdominal weight

Hi! I'm 36, 5'2", 110 lbs and am overall happy with my weight. After having 2 kids; however, I was left with a large mid section that sticks out because of my small frame. Trust me, I'm not one of those women who expect to have a flat stomach. Rather, I want to reduce the size of my abdomen by 2 1/2", still leaving a round tummy. I just don't want to look like I'm pregnant anymore!

I read that this is not possible unless I go on a diet and am afraid if I do so, I will lose weight everywhere.

Typical Daily Diet
Breakfast - Plain oatmeal and a fruit
Snack - peanut butter on crackers or low fat yogurt
Lunch - Chickpea pattie in whole wheat pita pocket with lettuce/tomatoes
and cucumber/carrot slices or 1 slice of bread with peanut butter
and cut up veggies.
Snack - mixture of almonds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, raisens
- and/or a package of my kids fruit snacks or sm handful of Teddy
Grahams
Dinner (typical week) - Ground turkey (w/ mixed freshly steamed veggies , Chicken breast and whole grain rice and fresh veggie, whole grain pasta and
jar sauce, veggie dish and couscous, and 2 nights leftovers plus
Friday night pizza (light on cheese)
Snack - bowl of Shredded Wheat or Fiber One.

I only drink water.

I've just begun a workout routine: 3 days (25 min cardio) 3 days 25 min exercise ball (targeting butt/legs/tummy.)

Please tell me if I can do something different or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks so much for reading. I really appreciate your feedback!

Last edited by Pmom2; 02-26-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Added info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Need to lose abdominal weight

Sounds good to me! However, I'm the type to gain weight pretty easily and I would probably NOT lose weight in my stomach area with the diet you described. This is because foods like pasta and too many carbs make my stomach bloated. You may be completely different though! I do think it's good how you are eating often rather than just a couple times a day. Eating smaller things, more often, really helps! The cardio exercise should definitely help too. Usually, to lose stomach weight, a good mix of cardio exercise, less processed foods, less sugar (fruit is okay of course), and making sure to eat lean protein works well. Good luck to you!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Mr. R HB User
Re: Need to lose abdominal weight

cut carbs and ad more ab exercises. Sounds like the tummy thing is more weak abs due to the child birth. Patients is the key. Just keep doing what your doing.

Closed Thread