It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
(male)

KDT HB User
losing weight

Hi, i'm a 18 year old guy, im around 205 ibs/92 kg, and I'm around 177 cm tall.
i really need to loose weight, since its eating away at my self convidence and that way my social life].
I've been overweight since i was 9 or 10, but the last couple of years its gone horrible, i hit the 100 kg...luckely i found the ''power'' to keep away from the fat food, and without knowing and even trying, i lost 8 kg. im happy with this result, but as i think, and my docters; i need to loose around 22/25 more kg...
for me this sounds impossible. Since i dont have a social live, and i have no idea how to comuicate with people [unless they share some interest] I am useally bored, and eat because of it. Currently i dont gain weight, i just dont loose it either. [well i eat so i gain it but i move so i loose it] So im pretty much set on this weight. I tried going to the fitness 2 times, and i stayed there for 3 months each, going 3/4 times a week. I tried many diets, who gave almost no result.
I am really [kind of] desparate, and if someone could help me out, i would really be thankfull for it.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: losing weight

Hi there! Keep in mind that SOME doctors tell you what they think will be a good weight for you, but it might not be realistic. I had a doctor say some pretty mean things about my weight in the past when I was in a healthy weight range! I was just not slim, but not heavy either!

I'd just recommend small changes at a time. No need for any strict diets because those aren't good for the long run. Just try eating healthy snacks.. like 100 calorie popcorn or baby carrots. That way you can still enjoy snacks and you can still have a good amount, but the calories aren't high. You get a good amount of popcorn in those bags! Just try to do any physical activity that you can. Little changes can add up! I am sorry to hear about your social life. Have you considered taking a class at a gym? You don't have to talk to the people there, but maybe just being around others will help you stay motivated, and with time, maybe you can make a friend. I really like spinning classes. They aren't hard on your joints and burn a ton of calories. I see plenty of guys and girls in those classes and sometimes the same people go over and over, so you might meet some people.

Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread