It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
(female)

Emrell HB User
Not losing even though math says so!

I haven't been getting anywhere, making no progress whatsoever. I eat healthy, track all my food, exercise, yadda yadda yadda... lol I thought, "Well maybe my activity is set too high" so I set it to Sedentary and log workouts. But according to my math it STILL doesn't add up right. Lemme show ya what I mean! These are the stats for the past 2 weeks:

Total Calories Eaten: 18,452 (1,318/day)
Extra Calories Burned through exercise: 1,770
Daily living calories: 19,600 (1,400/day)
TOTAL calories burned: 21,370 (1,526/day)

This should mean in 2 weeks my deficit shoulda been 2,912.. or about 3/4 pounds. But I ain't seein' none of that. If it turned out that between my lazy living expenditure and my exercise, what I was eating only maintained my weight, that means I would only be burning 1,200 on an average day without exercise. (1,200 x 14 + 1,770 / 14). And even though I'm only 5'1", that seems AWFULLY low. When I was working I lost 1/2 pound every week eating 1,500.. without exercise. My job kept me on my feet all day, so since then my activity has drastically decreased, so to compensate I try to go to the gym more.

And no, there are no changes in body measurements.

Any suggestions for a frustrated and desperate female?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
(female)

LocoLo HB User
Re: Not losing even though math says so!

Hey,

I don't have much advice for you, but can definitely relate! I track all of my calories burned and consumed, my weight, exercise A LOT, and eat very healthy, and have lost 8 pounds since Christmas. EIGHT pounds in 3 MONTHS. It's ridiculous! (It makes me even angrier when I see my friends who eat junk losing weight without even exercising or trying!) However, I do think that I have a yeast allergy, which could definitely be a factor in slow weight loss. Maybe you should look into it too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

How long have you been trying to lose weight? It could be that you are gaining muscle mass but losing body fat. Scales lie. They aren't a good indicator of weight loss. Plus, online calculators estimating metabolic rate can be completely off. I had my metabolic rate tested last year and I was only burning 500 calories a day, at 5'1 and 300 lbs...calculators say I should have been burning 2100 naturally.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

Oh and I would also like to point out, that it is possible you are eating more calories than you realize. Labels are often off quite a bit. 30 calories here and there may not seem like much, but it really adds up in the long run. The best way to know for sure is to weigh your food.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

This is always so stressful! Sounds like you are really working hard. Can you tell us what exactly you may do during a typical workout and for about how long? Also, what kinds of food do you eat (like what would a typical day look like)? Maybe this can give us some more ideas.

In the past, I was already in a healthy weight range but wanted to get fit and really get into shape, so it was harder for me to lose weight since I didn't HAVE to. I actually had to cut my calories down to 1200 (per my nutrionist) to lose because I seemed to have a low metabolism even with my workouts. I also had to change my workouts and do something new since likely my body just got used to them.

Let me know what your exercise routine/diet looks like and I'll see if I have any other ideas!

Closed Thread