It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

VitaMinEd HB User
Fasting...

...Is a wonderful way of losing those last 10-20lbs. The only problem is that it's hard to not eat after you've been pigging out on junk food. Anyway, if you try it, you'll be more likely to maintain a proper balanced diet afterwards.

Last edited by VitaMinEd; 03-18-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Fasting...

Hi there! By fasting, can you explain this in a little more detail? It isn't healthy to not eat at all for a while, but I figured you probably mean something differently. Skipping meals and not eating enough for more than a day or so will cause your metabolism to slow down. It also does not work in the long run. I know people who would skip meals to lose weight quickly, but a couple years later (or even earlier), they were back to their previous size. I do think it's a good practice to limit your eating after a particular time of day. Overeating at night for example, can add a lot of extra calories to your day. I also try to balance things out. If I know I'm going out to eat and will be having a large dinner, I'll eat lighter for my other meals and keep it very healthy. I know many people who do agree that fasting for just one day or part of the day can be helpful if you are having problems with bloating or overate the previous day. It's just not something to keep doing ALL the time regularly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

VitaMinEd HB User

I failed. I'll try again, next week!

I do agree that fasting for the long haul isn't a good idea, and everyone (especially those people that are on medication) should first consult with their family doctor - or a few open-minded ones - before making any changes to their diet (especially drastic ones, like in this case here... Though, I haven't consulted with mine!). Now with that said, it's alright to go on a fast (up to 40 days) if you have no health problems (don't take any meds) and if you're in relatively good condition. By the way, this isn't "really" a fast (like a water fast, for example) you do get all the necessary life-sustaining nutrients from the lemons + maple syrup + cayenne pepper, etc. It "really" is OK for the short-term (just make sure you don't go over 40 days, although, many people have... and they're still kicking!).

If you're healthy, then what's a few days of not eating any solid foods going to do - it can't hurt! (the body is like the brain, it's plastic... !)

You wrote something about the metabolism slowing. I've heard of that one and it may very well be true, but it (the body) gets past that hurdle and it becomes a fat-burning - (some muscle, but who gives a damn about 1-2lbs... for every 5-10lbs of fat!) - machine!!!

Anyway, the slowing of the metabolism happens only in the begins (it's the bodies way of preparing), just don't fast for 2-3 days, and THEN, stuff your face (like me)!

Cheerios (just don't eat them while on the fast...)

Last edited by moderator2; 03-20-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 03-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Oh okay, so you did the "lemonade" fast then? I've heard from many people that it works, but it's challenging to stay on it, especially in the beginning!

Closed Thread