It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
(male)

MMA89 HB User
How i lost 30lbs in 9 weeks!

Hey all i was just want to know everyones opinions. Okay i recently lost 30 lbs in 9 weeks which averages out to be about 3lbs a week (pretty safe i think). i have went down from 42 inch pant to comfortable 38. lost 6 inches off my stomach. I am not a 100% sure what my calories were i didnt count, i just ate 3 healthy meals and snacked on healthy foods when i was hungry and drank only water. and i am a 19yr old male. starting weight was 248lbs current weight is 218lbs. I read all over on the web that men shouldnt go under 1500 calories when trying to lose weight. i have no lost anyt muscle on my diet i have only got more defined. i dont understand? can people tell me if i did this healthy or not? i think it was pretty healthy i ate good protein low carb lots of veggies and fruits. Any info would greatly be appreciated! also i am going to continue to use this diet and eat this way because i want to lose 30 more lbs is that a good idea? my excersise is i work out 6 days a week with hour long cardio, which varys from stationary bike, jogging and H.I.I.T and mma training.

Last edited by MMA89; 03-26-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: wanted to add more info lol i am done editting

Old 03-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
(female)

cj12345 HB User
Re: How i lost 30lbs in 9 weeks!

I think what you're doing sounds good, and clearly its working. As long as you are eating healthy and not starving yourself, then continue to do what you're doing. Whatever it is, it seems to be working for you. Good Luck on the extra 30.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
(male)

MMA89 HB User

hey thanks CJ.. yeah i am definitly not starving myself... i generally eat when i am hungry. i dont care what people say about eating 5-6 small meals a day. i personally like 3 good proportioned meals AKA: breakfast/lunch/dinner. with a healthy snack here and there. and my results do show that it is working so i just needed to hear someone verify i am doing this the healthy way thanks. also as a note.. sometimes i eat a small snack before i go to bed and it does NOT turn automatically to fat or make u gain weight. sure the next day u might be a little heavier but throughout the week it all works out

Old 03-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

Sounds like you are doing a great job. The truth is that a lot of the "rules" of weight loss simply don't apply. They used to warn, warn, warn about anyone going under 1200 calories a day. Then suddenly gastric bypass became all the rage and the medical community completely forgot their rule about not eating less than 1200 a day.

You've found a pattern that works for you. I happen to agree with the 3 healthy meals. If I eat tiny meals 5 or 6 times a day I never have the feeling of being full and satisfied. Stay with what you are doing. You've got youth on your side and making a very smart decision to get things in control now.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
(male)

canadians8015 HB User

Hey man my situation seems to fit yours almost PERFECT! ive been attempting the 5-6 meals a day crap and it dotn work and i dont have the time...when u ate your 3 meals a day what did u eat?

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-01-2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
(male)

MMA89 HB User

it differs... but here is like a sample

Breakfast : bowl of honeynut cheerios w/ a yogurt
Lunch: eggs w/ egg whites and an apple
dinner: 1 and a half or 2 chix breasts w/ veggies
snack: few peices of chesse or more fruit

i just eat really clean healthy foods and workout really hard

Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
(male)

canadians8015 HB User

yea man cause right now im 207 pounds and my stomach aint toned i wanna get fit for the summer ya know like by july do u think i can do it...what are your tips is it ok if i do cardio (jogging) at night

Old 04-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
(male)

MMA89 HB User

if u want to slim down. Dont drink any sodas. Dont eat WHITE CARBS (white potatos, white bread, white rice) eat whole grains for your carbs they will fill you up and give you good fiber. as for cardio. i do an hour of cardio daily, u probably wouldnt have to work out everyday but i like too. and it doesnt matter when you do your cardio just make sure its NOT on empty stomach... eat at least a little something before working out otherwise you risk burning muslce not fat... hope this helps man good luck..

Old 04-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

Congrats and what a great job! You did it the right and healthy way! Keep up the fantastic work and I wish you luck on your last 30 lbs!

I also find it a bit difficult to eat 5 to 6 meals a day, especially when they tell you each of those meals is supposed to include a protein, carb and fat! I don't have time for that! I work 9 hours a day! I think everyone should do what works for them. There really are no set rules for weight loss. The only rules are you have to stop eating crap and get up and get moving in order to burn those calories.

Closed Thread