It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
(female)

DianeO90 HB User
Any success with Hydroxycut or Slimquick??

I am a 38 yo female, 5'2" and weigh 120 lbs and would like to lose 10 lbs and do it quickly for a cruise I have coming up in a few months. I seem to have the most problem around my waist and hips and no matter how many sit-ups or walks I take can't get these areas toned up. I'm so frustrated!! I was wondering if anybody here has tried any of these OTC methods and do they work? I hate it when I tell people I want to lose weight and they look at me and tell me I'm small which I know I am but I still have problem area's just like everyone else. So I'm not trying to offend anyone here who really needs to lose weight. It just happens to be this is my situation and I need advice.

Thanks so much!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
(female)

cj12345 HB User
Re: Any success with Hydroxycut or Slimquick??

I do know someone who uses slimfast, which I know is not the same thing, but may work for you and be something to consider. They drank two drinks a day (one for breakfast and then one for dinner), and then were able to eat a regular/sensible dinner, just being careful with portion sizes. They even ate some oatmeal and fruit with their drinks and said that was enough to hold them over till the next meal. They didnt have a whole lot to lose, but dropped 15lbs in about 4-5 weeks. Just something to consider.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Any success with Hydroxycut or Slimquick??

I completely understand! I've always been at a healthy weight range for a 5'4 female, but I feel I look best when I'm at the lower end of the healthy range due to my petite frame.

I've heard of some people who tried Hydroxycut and did okay on it, but they also drastically changed their diet and exercise. Most likely they would have lost weight anyway! None of the pills will give you long-term weight loss, but if you are looking for something temporary and fast for your trip, I'd recommend something with green tea and hoodia. The hoodia makes you feel full faster (when you drink the pill with a full glass of water), so you are less likely to overeat. The green tea will help you get rid of excess water weight, bloating, and will give you more energy to work out. I used the "10 Day Hoodia Diet" pills, which where cheap, and it helped me quickly lose 5-10 pounds before going to the beach. I took less pills than recommended b/c they made me too jittery to the point where I'd get nauseous. The serving was 3 pills with each meal, but I took 1 at breakfast, 1 at lunch and was fine. I didn't take any with dinner b/c I didn't want the caffeine to keep me awake. I lost the weight in less than a month, but I am sure MOST of it was water weight. My stomach was the area I lost most of it in. I was eating smaller meals and kept up workouts.

Since I am at a healthy weight, I have to do some challenging exercises to stay slim. I prefer to run or use the elliptical at a very fast pace. Spinning classes are also fun and a great way to burn approx. 600 calories in an hour! All the crunches in the world won't give you a flat stomach without good cardio exercise, which I have to do!

Good luck to you and have fun on your cruise!

Closed Thread