It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

Daises28 HB User
Question Exercise after eating?

How long should you wait to exercise after eating, like running or on the elliptical machines? and what foods are good to eat before a workout? I have an idea but just want to make sure..I can be an anal person! lol

Old 04-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Exercise after eating?

I always hear different numbers! I'd be curious to see what most people recommend as well, as I'm not too sure. I often like to eat at least a small snack first if I am very hungry so I don't get lightheaded and weak while exercising. Sometimes I do work out right after I eat due to my schedule, but as long as I eat light, I'm usually okay. If it's a meal with many liquids, like soup, I usually need to wait about 2 hours or so to work out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User
Re: Exercise after eating?

I'm an early riser, so I workout first thing in the morning. I wake up at approximately 4:30am. I do a 20-minute in-bed stretching routine (I have a chronic back condition and my back gets stiff and sore from sleeping). By the time I get into the kitchen, it's roughly 5am. I make my breakfast which ALWAYS consists of either 1) a serving of oatmeal (either regular instant packets or steel cut oats made ahead of time in a large batch) to which I will add a small (1/2tsp) amount of natural peanut butter or some fresh or frozen blueberries...along with that I'll have 1 hard-boiled egg white. Or...2) 1 slice of whole grain toast, spread with a small amount (1/2tsp) of natural peanut butter and a quick drizzle of honey...AND 1 Weight Watchers yogurt cup with 1tsp of ground flaxseed mixed in.

I'm at the gym no later than 6am everyday, so that is roughly a little less than hour or so after I have eaten. I've rarely had issues jumping right into my cardio session...as long as I stick with what I know works for me...and those 2 meals are what suits me the best. Hope this helps!

Last edited by nscrbug; 04-03-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Closed Thread