It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

dandilionsmile HB User
three weeks or else....

I know this is a crazy question, but I need to lose about 5lbs or so in the next three weeks. I'm in a wedding and I know the dress will be tight on me. I'm studying abroad now though, in Russia, and it's still cold and wet outside, and I have no gym membership. I'm living with a host family, but have a good amount of control over food. I have gained weight this semester though, and now I'm paranoid. Is there anything I can do, any quick weight-loss tips? I fly home in 2 1/2 weeks and need to have the weight off in 3. Any tips for basic lifestyle/eating/drinking changes...anyone who has lost weight for a wedding? I don't care if it's just fast off weight because I'm going to get into a workout routine when I get home...

Old 04-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: three weeks or else....

I can give you some tips that should be able to help with losing the 5 lbs quickly! First, be sure to drink plenty of water. This will help you lose any excess water weight your body is holding and will help make your stomach flatter. Avoid too many salty foods and try to eat more fresh vegetables and fruit. Try to have less carbs and eat healthy ones, such as whole wheat products, when you do eat them. If I eat lots of fresh salads with grilled chicken, I lose weight. Carbs often make me bloated if I eat way too many of them. Also, a zero or low calorie green tea can help you get rid of excess water weight as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
(female)

dandilionsmile HB User

Thanks for the advice. I've picked up drinking a lot more water recently - it really helps me get throught the day. I am just SO frustrated with myself. I do so well in the morning and during lunch. Water, black coffee, an apple and a banana usually for breakfast, a peice of fruit, salad, and maybe a 1/4 of rice and veggies for lunch. I drink tons of water during that time. Constantly refiling my waterbottle. Then, in the evening, everything falls apart. Around 5:00 I get ravonous. I can't stop myself. And here I am in Russia where, after 5:00 every kitchen in every house is filled with cookies, chocolate, fried potatoes, buttery soup, and stacks of thick fresh bread. I crumble and end up eating to the point of saturation. Then I sit down to do my homework with a bloated uncomfortable stomach. It's terrible and so demoralizing...I'm going to go home and not be able to fit into the bridesmaid dress, or any of my clothes. Really, 5lbs would do it - it's just all settled around my stomach and butt. I wish it wasn't so cold (snowed today) and I could get outside...

Anyone else have evening craving problems? If I do mess up what is the best strategy? I'm so frustrated with myself...

Old 04-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Eat more earlier in the day.

You can eat at least 1500 calories a day and still lose the weight, but you are eating almost nothing for breakfast and a tiny lunch. Of course you are starving and stuffing yourself at dinner!

Instead of just fruit and coffee for breakfast, eat some protein and fiber. Whole grain porridge such as oatmeal, maybe a SMALL portion of nuts also, or an egg white or two.

Lunch, again, add some protein. Maybe chicken or tuna on that salad. Measure portions and look up the calorie content, but you have to eat.

Edit to add:
If all else fails, take the dress to a tailor and have it let out a bit, it's usually possible.

Last edited by janewhite1; 04-07-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added

Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I'd also agree to add a bit more to your other meals! Your breakfast seems pretty tiny. I end up so starved if I eat too little at breakfast and lunch. I often eat an afternoon snack so I don't overeat at dinner as well. Try adding a bit more and hopefully you won't be super hungry! It is hard to not eat tempting foods when they look and smell delicious, but if you eat a snack beforehand, you may not be as hungry for large helpings.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
(female)

XOX HB User

I knew a coworker who lost 35 pounds in 3 months. She said she eats oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch, chicken or steak at night. Fruits in between meals. And nothing more. And she walks up and downtairs 5 floors a day. Also some weight lifting at some days. Hopefully this will work.
What helped me to lose weight even though I can't lose anymore is running an hour and absorb all those oil from the food with a napkin. And everything I eat was pure, no oil, no sugar, no creamer, no butter(I mean I didn't add any of these to my food) and I only ate vegetables, fruits,drink milk and water, half bowl of rice with soy sauce and that's all. No meat and desserts at all. Do not eat 2 hours before you sleep.

Seems like you starved yourself in the daytime, so your body is telling you to eat at night that's why you lose control at night. Eating a lot a night will definitely gain weight. Keep yourself busy, stay away or even looking at those yummy fatttening foods. If you crave for candies or cakes, eat a slice of fruit instead.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
(female)

XOX HB User

Oops one more thing, running really helps you to lose weight. I use to run back and forth in the living room for about an hour

Old 05-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

if all else fails find a salon that does body wraps.....
that can at least get you into the dress for the night....

Closed Thread