It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
(female)

Ricanskittlez HB User
Arrow I went from 200lbs...to having a 6 pack in the making...

Nov. 29, 2007 i woke up and decided i needed a lifestyle change...
I changed my diet...started workin out, and here i am about 60lbs lighter..
People always question how i got so far and they ask me to write down what i eat and my exercise schedule so they can follow it. Im still shocked by what i see when i look in the mirror sometimes. i got my mom down 10lbs, and a friend down 25lbs... its all about dedication..

Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
(female)

ctnc1234 HB User
Re: I went from 200lbs...to having a 6 pack in the making...

dedication? I want nothing more than to lose 20 to 30 lbs. I can't even do that! Congratulations! by the way, you make people like me envious of you.

I literally dream I am skinny I want it so bad! I just can't seem to stay away from the foods that made me this way in the first place. I think about that certain food until I give into my temtation and just eat a little...oh just a little more...before you know it I've eaten it all!

Please! Help! How did you do it? It had to be more than just dedication.

CT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
(female)

Mildred1260 HB User

keep it up because once you relax you will find that all the weight has crept back on. Ask Oprah...lol.................by the way;;;;;;congrats on losing the poundz.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User

Congrats...still waiting on the "how" punch.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
(female)

Ricanskittlez HB User

honestly the main thing you need to do is watch your calorie intake...exercise will help dramatically but start off by finding out your bmr (how many caloires you burn at rest)... you can get a quick idea by using a BMR calculator online... then go from there
U need to make sure you are burning more calories than u are taking in... Cut out processed and fast foods (this will help dramatically)... shop the perimeter of the grocery store (milk, lean meats, fruit, veggies, eggs) Eat at least 25g. of fiber daily...and WATER! to lose one pound of fat you need to burn 3500 calories...

This may sound like a lot but when you start to substitue fruit and veggies for processed foods the calories add up... Your diet needs to be on point then worry about the exercise...if you do this in reverse order... your exercise may seem pointless...
Let me kno how you do...

Old 04-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
(female)

Ricanskittlez HB User

it was tough controlling my cravings at first but if you really want to lose weight you will stop eating junk...

My main problem was what i was eating and the portion i was eating...Many people fall to read the "serving size" which seems like a joke when u realize how small it is...
I eat only the portion im supposed to and i completly cut out processed foods... an example of some of the things in my diet right now are fruit, veggies, Brown Rice, chicken, Salmon, tuna, kidney beans, egg whites ect...
its all about breaking bad habbits... eating while watching tv...eating at night...eating because your bored....u kno the stuff everybody does....

eat because your hungry not because you think you need to eat.... if your stomach growls drink some water if it's still rumbling you ARE hungry...if not you were thirsty....may people mistake thirst for hunger

Closed Thread