It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
(male)

MMA89 HB User
Please Help! I Am Worried About Loose Skin!

Okay i have been hearing alot of people say that when you lose alot of weight you will have loose skin in areas. My friend lost 120lbs, but it was a very unhealthy way with puking and stuff. I currently have lost 40lbs and show no signs of loose skin. My goal is to lose 30lbs more. That will make it a 70lb weight loss total. Will i have loose skin!!??? I usually lose about 11-13lbs a month and eat really healthy and drink lots of water.... SOME PLZ HELP i am getting paranoid!????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Please Help! I Am Worried About Loose Skin!

If you lose at a healthy pace, it shouldn't be much of a problem. The skin does tighten up again, especially if you are young and healthy.

Bottom line: If it hasn't happened to you yet, it probably won't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
(male)

MMA89 HB User

okay thanks, on average i lose 2.5-3.2 lbs per week. I think that is pretty safe

Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
(female)

jenniferab HB User

I was 21 when my first daughter was born and I gained about 60 lbs with my pregnancy. I lost about 85 after her birth and I had some minor loose skin in my breasts but my skin tightened within a year. The rest of my body went from a large size 16 to an average 6 and I had no loose skin.

I had my second daughter at age 25 and didn't gain quite as much and lost all of it plus about ten pounds and still had no skin issues.

Some of this is due to heredity but mostly if you're healthy and doing it correctly, you should not see loose skin. If you do, it might tighten over time and there are some creams that could help. I agree that if you haven't seen it yet, you aren't likely to see it.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
(female)

ClaudiaJ HB User

Loose skin usually happens because of sudden weight loss and especially when you lose a big amount of it. But it still depends on every person. In your case, there is a big chance of not having loose skin.

There are certain types of diet where you can avoid having loose skin. But most of the times, plastic surgery is the answer to loose and sagging skin. Patients even go to countries outside the US for a more affordable plastic surgery but with the same high quality.

I suggest you better continue losing weight and be healthy than being afraid of loose skin. Anyways, you'll never know if you'll have loose skin if you never try. Good luck!

Closed Thread