It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
(male)

DeadbyDawn HB User
Can someone please help me? :(

I'm a bit new here, right now I weigh about three hundred. And I'm seventeen. Still in high school.

Well, for the past two months I've been working out a lot by just keeping my heart rate up and punching a dummy. I've lost 15-30 pounds but it keeps fluctuating.

Each day I try to keep my calories under 1700 and I try to work out every night. If I feel that I've eaten too much then I'll throw up.

My weight won't go below 295 and it really bothers me, and some days I'll look bigger than others. I keep working out and taking vitamins and dieting but it just won't. I make sure that I work out ATLEAST 20 minutes per work out.

So what should I do? Increase my work out time? Should I try different exercises? because all I really do are jumping jacks and punching the dummy. I don't think I'm over training because obviously I wouldn't have lost the weight.

Some one please help. :/ It's really starting to annoy me and I'm losing faith in myself.

Last edited by DeadbyDawn; 04-23-2009 at 06:04 PM.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Can someone please help me? :(

If you feel that you are eating right and getting enough exercise, you might want to get your thyroid checked (if you haven't already). A sluggish thyroid can make weight loss VERY difficult even if you are doing the right things. Please, please, please don't make yourself throw up! Throwing up after meals can quickly turn into a habit and become an eating disorder. It is NOT a good way to lose weight even if you overeat. Instead, just think about how overeating did not make you feel good and it will keep you motivated to get in some good exercise and eat right the next day. Everybody messes up at times, so don't let it bother you too much! A doctor can check your thyroid and may want to do a blood test to make sure there isn't anything else that is affecting your weight.

As for your exercise, just make sure to switch it up every once in a while or it won't work as well. Your body may have gotten used to your usual routine, so it isn't as effective. I really have to get out of the house or at least do an exercise dvd if I am going to work out at home or I won't do enough to be effective. I try to do about 40 minutes of cardio exercise (I prefer jogging/running, but other things too!) and then I lift light weights for about 20 minutes. A good combination of cardio exercise and strength training will help you burn the most calories. Cardio will help you burn lots of calories as you work out, and strength training won't burn as much at the time, but will help you burn more throughout the day.

Also, what kinds of foods do you eat? My body seems to be very picky about foods. I try to eat lots of fresh foods such as fruits and vegetables and salads with lean meats. For carbs, I try to only eat whole wheat and I make sure to not overdo it. If I don't be careful, my stomach gets bloated very easily and I gain weight around my midsection. You will also want to watch how much salt and sugar you have. I also like to log what I eat either on paper or on a free online website that totals up the calories for you. It's a great way to keep in check and make sure your body is getting what it needs!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread