It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
(female)

Pandora_0729 HB User
A Pill That Speeds Up Weightloss

As you all know summer is coming up and that means wearing less clothes and showing more skin

I've got about a good 20lbs to shed, I'm currently eating healthy and hitting the gym 4 times a week. However I'm wondering if there's some extra help I can get from a diet pill?

My friend took Hydroxycut and had great results but I was reading up on it and heard some pretty scary stories and symptoms. I was going to buy it today but now I'm scared, I've never took a diet pill before so I have no idea where to start.

Any suggestions? All help is appreciated

Old 05-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
(male)

dutch-ny HB User
Re: A Pill That Speeds Up Weightloss

Best choice is cutting out the starch and items with high numbers of sugar.
All diet pills are dangerious .I have seen to many problems in my history of weight loss. From 1974-2009 ,I have lost 400+ lbs. Get a doctor's diet "a real one" and follow it,The kind that has been around for many years.
I started at 600+ now 177 . hope it works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
(female)

JMYHNY HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch-ny View Post
Best choice is cutting out the starch and items with high numbers of sugar.
All diet pills are dangerious .I have seen to many problems in my history of weight loss. From 1974-2009 ,I have lost 400+ lbs. Get a doctor's diet "a real one" and follow it,The kind that has been around for many years.
I started at 600+ now 177 . hope it works for you.
wow....great job on losing that much weight

Old 05-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

Hydroxycut has been recalled because it causes liver damage.

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2009/NEW02006.html

Old 05-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Pandora,

Some questions to ask yourself:

1) Will diet pills encourage you to make healtier food choices? Or will diet pills have the effect of making healthy foods look dull and unapealing?

2) Will diet pills encourage the development self control? Or will they encourage the opposite?

3) What happens when a person stops taking diet pills? Arn't they back where they started, having learned nothing about self control or healthy eating habits?

Old 05-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
(female)

Pandora_0729 HB User

Wow congrats on the weightloss, dutch-ny, thats quite an achievement
You know, I've never been big on diets, I prefer to just follow the guidelines to healty eating.

JonhR41, the questions you posted are very wise. Although I'm not really looking for a diet pill as a final answer. In fact, I wouldn't even be taking it if I didn't have to go on this trip next month. I don't plan on taking them at all in the future.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User

Phentermine or Adderall xr. Both speed up your metabolism and make you less hungry.

Some people tend to gain once they quit adderall, it's for ADHD anyway and not for weight loss. Although it was prescribed in the 60's and 70's. Adderall is nothing more than 4 amphetamine salts.

Phentermine which is a stimulant but not an amphetamine. It is a class 4 drug vs a class 2 like adderall.

Phentermine works very well IMHO and works better for weight loss than adderall. I have yet to hear about the rebound effect with weight happeneing to people who take phentermine unlike adderall.

you can see a endocronologist to get phentermine.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User
Red face Re: A Pill That Speeds Up Weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
Pandora,

Some questions to ask yourself:

1) Will diet pills encourage you to make healtier food choices? Or will diet pills have the effect of making healthy foods look dull and unapealing?

2) Will diet pills encourage the development self control? Or will they encourage the opposite?

3) What happens when a person stops taking diet pills? Arn't they back where they started, having learned nothing about self control or healthy eating habits?

1) yes diet pills DO help you make healthier choices. Less hungry and usually the craving for suger is gone. Most make your mouth so dry, you really can't taste much anyway

2) Yes they do encourage self control. So you know anyone on diet pills that gorge on cupcakes?

3) This is the only valid thing you brought up. Diet pills do work, but if people don't change their habits they will gain again.
not everyone on diet pills is on them because of poor eating habits. I was on them because I was on IV steroids for a long time and that weight is seriously hard to lose, I don't care how mych you exercise or what you don't eat. I have no gained any weight back but I was not heavy before my steroids.

I think for many people it's not just eating habits, for many it can be hormonal or genetic. Some people just have a propensity to be heavier.

4) prescription diet pills speed up the metabolism, this is a huge bonus when trying to lose weight and you can't.

I always see a lot of people balking at diet pills. diet pills = lazy people.
Most the time that's simply not true and there are many factors with each person that could be causing weight gain and it's not always someone who is a couch potato that is parked in front of the fridge.

I think what irks me even more is when a man jumps out and scolds us for thinking of going on diet pills. females are very different from males in many ways when it comes to metabolsim. it's not as simple as giving up pepsi. I am not saying a good diet and exercise helps, of course it does. But can we reach out goals? often times we don't.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
(female)

wannabskinny HB User

I've tried all the diet pills, none seem to work for me =( But that's just me though.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

have you tried phentermine? None of the other work.

Closed Thread