It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

tinymom05 HB User
started trying to lose weight

I started about 2 1/2 weeks ago to start eating healthy and exercise 30 minutes on my treadmill 30 minutes a day, sit ups and staying active. I lost 10 lbs right away then the scale started staying the same and i even lost another pound that i gained back. I am confused could someone explain why this happens, and it doesnt really help my scale has been broken so it may not read properly and i am looking into getting another one. The thing is my acid reflux is gone i dont feel sick to my stomach anymore so i know i am eating healthier and going down the right path. My body feels better and it appears i am losing inches. But when i am starting to look like i lost weight my scale isnt moving at all I know it has only been 2 1/2 weeks so i am going to keep going but it seems like the scale isnt going to move again. Also do you take a day where you cheat and eat what you want?

Old 05-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: started trying to lose weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinymom05 View Post
My body feels better and it appears i am losing inches. But when i am starting to look like i lost weight my scale isnt moving at all
You may be gaining muscle while losing fat (this is somewhat common for beginners, although significantly more difficult for people who already have a high level of physical fitness). Muscle is denser than fat, so you could get smaller while weighing the same (or even gaining weight).

More muscle is a good thing. Besides making your stronger, it increases your metabolism even at rest.

You may wish to include body fat measurements or even pictures of yourself to measure your progress. Body fat measurements are typically not that accurate in an absolute sense, but they can give you an idea of which direction you are going.

A relatively easy measure to add to your progress tracking is your waistline at navel level (target: no more than half your height or (for women) 0.8 times your hip).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread