It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

wannabskinny HB User
Lightbulb New Here, and Fat =(

Yeah, I'm 5'6.5" and 165 pounds... looking to lose at least 20 pounds... I think that would be healthy.

Problem is I like to eat too much, junk everything.... I tell myself everyday "tommorow is a new day, I will start my diet tommorow" Does it ever work? No... I'm sick of being fat, but I can't seem to control myself. I've tried diet pills, purging (can't make myself purge actually), starvation, etc)

I just wanna look good, and I feel like a slob at 165 pounds. I think 140 would be great. Any advice or tips would be great.

Thanks bye.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
(female)

sarac11 HB User
Re: New Here, and Fat =(

I know it is hard, I am 5'5 and 185 and you just want to look "good". try to remember it does not happen overnight, it is so hard but whenever you pick up that cookie or bag of chips you need to think about what that snack is doing to you. You want to look smoking hot? You want to turn heads? How is that snack going to get you there, when you put down that cookie and pick up the carrots or apple that is when you can walk away proud of yourself. I know you can do this, everyone on here believes in you!!! You just need to believe in you....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
(female)

croppingmom HB User

Good luck with the weight loss journey. We did not get this way overnight so it will take time to loose the weight. I started my weight loss journey by throwing out all junk food in the house. When you go to the store shop the outside walls (i.e. produce,dairy,poultry/meat,). The middle of the store is filled with the junk we don't need. Yes it is hard if you have kids that makes it harder. Drink lots and lots of water and start moving even just walk around the block daily, next week add another block. You can do it.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
(female)

XOX HB User

The key is EXERCISE EXERCISE. If you are unwilling to exercise then there is no need to read any further and the truth is if you don't exercise your not going to lose weight. Well then of course, if you have thyroid problem then it won't work.

Start off slowly. Don't push yourself too hard. Losing too many weight at a time is really unhealthy and at the end you will gain back your weight very quickly. When I Ifirst started a few months back, I was being really good, not overeating and I was on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes a day and I was still not seeing any change until 2 months laters. I have to say it was VERY DEPRESSING.
Tips**
Don't ever tell yourself you will be on a diet tommorow because then you will eating a lot today and thinking that you won't be able to eat all you want once your on a diet. That tommorow never comes. Cuz then you will do that everyday and end up even eating more.
-Eat smaller portions gradually. For example, if you use to eat 5 chicken wings per meal, cut that down to 3 chicken wings per meal, then 2, then one and so on.
-If you feel like you have eaten a lot of high calorie food that day, do tons of exercise to balance it out. (Running and walking a lot really helps to lose weight)
-Try to get out of the house and move around a lot. Try to sit as little as possible.
-Do not starve yourself, you will have these crazy cravings and you will lose control and eat like crazy
-Try to avoid putting all those high calorie food in your house like cakes, chocolates, sodas, stuff like that. (I can never control myself, if I got a bag of chocolate in my house, I will gobble it up until its gone)
-Eat lots of vegetables and fruits, drink a lot of water (when your hungry stuff yourself with fruits or veggies, I heard that eating banana helps fill up the stomache. Remember not to starve yourself and don't start off with eating just fruits and vegetables because then you will have these crazy cravings.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
(female)

XOX HB User

Yea, I only lost about 8 pounds since December. The first two months I didn't lose any weight at all. But by the third month and fourth month I was able to lose 2 pounds a month. My goal is to weigh about 95 to 100. Hopefully I will keep on losing 2 pounds per monthly until I reach my goal. I will update my journey and see what other ways to lose weight and not have these crazy cravings. Because I LOVE FOOD AND I LOVE TO EAT!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
(female)

XOX HB User

I think I have post this up before, but my coworker was able to lose 35 pounds in 3 months. She said she will eat oatmeal for breakfast, chicken or salad for lunch, steak or chicken or salad for dinner. For snacks she would eat an apple or some sort of fruit whenever she's hungry between the meals.
For exercise, she walks up and down 5 floors a day and did some weight lifting. I told her to max I can lose was 2 pounds. She said I don't have that much weight to lose that is why.

Closed Thread