It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
(male)

dos3age HB User
Need to lose weight by the summer

I am 14, and am slightly over weight.

I am about 5 9, and about 160 pounds.. I have some fat on my stomach and I have man boobs.. Every night I do about 70 pushups, 50 crunches, and lift weights until I feel that I am not getting any benefit.. that's about it for my exercise.

I want to be able to be really skinny by the summer, and not fat like I am now.. what can I do other than try to eat well? Whats the FASTEST way for me to loose weight and get a 6 pack?

Thank you!

Old 05-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Need to lose weight by the summer

Hi there! Doing those exercises are a good start, but you will really need to do more to see good results. First, start off with some good cardio. I like to go running, but you can do anything that gets your heart pumping (walking, running, elliptical machine, bikining, sports, etc). I do 30 minutes about 5 times a week, but if you are lucky you may be able to get away with 3-4 times a week. In addition to your cardio exercise, keep up the exercises that you do and add in some more strength training. I like to use weight machines at the gym or buy smaller 10 pound weights at home to lift in different ways. You can use your body weight for exercises or add weights. I aim for work my lower body and upper body on alternating days, and work my abs most days. You'll also of cousre want to watch your diet. Aim to eat more fruits and veggies and lean meats, as well as healthy carbs. I avoid eating at restaurants too often or eating too many prepared meals since many have quite a bit of sodium and extras. A lot of prepared meals aren't made with whole wheat products and some have a lot of sugar too.

Best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

If you are lifting heavy weights, it is generally considered best to exercise the same muscles on alternate days, to give them time to heal and grow stronger after heavy weight exercise.

Don't forget to do back exercises like pullups and/or rows to strengthen your back as well as your chest that you are strengthening with pushups.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
(female)

XOX HB User

I would say do alot of running or dancing. Be a veggie and no intake of high calorie food like tofu, chocolates, cakes, butter, pizza stuff like that. Food should not have butter, salt, or sugar in added. Eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Do not eat 2 hours before you sleep. This is quick but unhealthy. About the six packs I have no idea.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOX View Post
About the six packs I have no idea.
"Six pack" refers to the pattern of abdominal muscles that shows on someone with decent muscle development there and (more importantly) low body fat (typically less than 10%).

It is much less common on women than on men, because the minimum essential body fat for health for women is generally considered to be around 10% to 12%, as opposed to 3% to 5% for men. But even on men, a "six pack" is rare, because few men have body fat percentages low enough for their abdominal muscle patterns to show.

Closed Thread