It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
(male)

bumped HB User
stuck scales

well i made it from 270 to 245 and hit a brick wall, i do an hr on the stationary bike and an hr long brisk walk every day. i eat 1 peanut bar at lunch and on average about 800 to 1000 cals at dinner. has worked up till now. any suggestions? i sure would appreciate it. i sure get confused, it seems like every site i visit says something different. thanks

Old 05-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: stuck scales

You might be eating too little, causing your metabolism to slow down to try to conserve energy under starvation conditions. Also, you may want to spread your intake out throughout the day instead of concentrating most of it in one meal a day.

Another common situation for beginners is gaining muscle through exercise, offsetting the fat loss when looking solely at the scale. However, muscle gain is healthy, and if your waistline is getting smaller, then you are still losing fat. Simultaneous fat loss and muscle gain does get less likely and more difficult as you become more physically fit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
(female)

wannarun HB User
Re: stuck scales

I agree about you eating too little...slowing your metabolism down. You'd do better eating a little something for breakfast rather than nothing at all until evening. Another thought is unless you're counting the calories, you may be eating more than you think you are at dinner?
You also may want to increase the intensity of your cardio workouts. Make your muscles (heart included!) work harder so they'll burn the calories. Also, I'd start some weight training too. If you're at a gym, you may be entitled to a "free" personal training session where they show you how to use the weight machines so you can use them correctly. Even if they don't give you the session, all you have to do is ask the person at the front desk if they can show you how to use one or two of them. They should be able to do that.
Good luck!!!

Closed Thread