It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
(female)

dove062476 HB User
i cany get the weight off!! HELP!!

I was 20 when I had my son, lost it all with in a year. I had my daughter when i was 28. I CANT GET RID OF THE WEIGHT!
I am currently 52 lbsover my normal weight. I eat alot of vegies and fruit. I never have had a big appetite. i eat when I am hungry. I dont eat alot. i have somefruit or a bowl cereal IF I am hungry in the morning. I was never big on lunch, but will eat if i am hungry. Dinner is a 3 course meal. I have never been a big meat eater. I may take 5 or 6 bites of my meat. i always have like 2 servings of my vegies. And there is always somekind of a starch, im not bigon eating this part either. we only eat out once a week, i cook all other meals. we eat at ONE place ( beacause all the other places make us sick) and i usually get the salad ( all vegies) occasionally i get the baked potato, i only like butter on mine, so i know im not loading up on empty calories, fat, etc.
The kicker is this.... i joined a gym and GAINED, yes GAINED, 18 lbs!! my pants were too small. i had worked with a trainer, and found that i had a very strong core and he said that i was well proportioned??? i cancelled my memebership when one of the girls asked if i was expecting again!
I then lost all the weight that i had gained. depressed about my weight again, i decided to start walking. I gained 10 lbs over a two week period. once again i could not get into my pants.
I then gave up. the 10 lbs came off with in a few days of stopping my walks.
I started weightloss with a well known weight loss company. Ilost 10 lbs. This was hard to keep up with due to the fact that my hubby hated the recipes ( im not cooking 2 different meals Every night) and it was the same food over and over again, and if i followed the workout regimen, i gained it all back , my pants didnt fit! AGAIN!
Whenever it is that time of the month i can gain anywhere from 10-15lbs!! if i work out, i gain weight. I have had numerous blood tests, thyroid, hormone imbalance, you name it, i have had the blood test. Noone can figure out why I GAIN weight when I work out. This is frustrating. I have NEVER been over weight. I am 5'9" and weigh 186 lbs. I have ALWAYS been 132 lbs.
I am so angry about this. My husband STILL tries to get me to wear things i wore when i was small, and i get so angry! the first thing out of my mouth is " my fat rolls are going to be hanging out! NO!" he says that i am still beautiful. His aunt asked me 3 months ago if I was expecting again! i was so hurt.
I have been given clean bill of health. Blood pressure is 101/72. Blood sugar normal. I did a stress test 2 weeks ago. great. tested my thyroid, great. you name it, i have had the test.
I have found that one thing works to lose a small amount (maybe 10 lbs) of weight. A raw fruit and vegie detox. I can lose 10 lbs and can fit into my size 12 jeans. However, you cant stay on this diet for too long. its not good to do that. within 3 days the weight is back.
If anyone has any ideas as what to maybe ask the doc, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am at my wits end, and Very depressed about this. another summer is here, and i STILL can not fit into my bikini. Thank you for listening to my rant. i feel a bit better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
(female)

lwild HB User
Re: i cany get the weight off!! HELP!!

goofed on my reply. See above.

Last edited by lwild; 06-03-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

lwild HB User
Smile Re: i cany get the weight off!! HELP!!

I hear your frustration and I totally understand. You've been doing all of the right things and not getting anything (except more frustrated). As a dedicated gym rat (although you might not know it to look at me) I'd try another gym and another trainer and I'd tell them what has happened with you. It is very common to gain a little when you start a weight lifting program, but not to what you are describing. I also would increase your protein in the form of Whey shakes and fish and drink more water. Then, and you probably have done this, but i'll toss it out there, try a fitness and food journal. There are a ton of them out there, even phone apps. I use MSN Health and Fitness, and you can check it out. You said you had your thyroid checked, and that's good, because that's the other thing I would check out. If this continues, you might want to get it rechecked and also ask them for the numbers. I actually have hypothyroidism, and my tests sometimes come in on the low side of normal, so I've had doctors tell me that I'm normal, so I need to explain my history and then they recheck or follow more closely.

Well, my reply is a bit long, too, but I hope that it helped.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: i cany get the weight off!! HELP!!

I'm sorry to hear about this! I was also going to suggest getting your thyroid checked, but sounds like you already did that. All I can think of is trying to gradually change your eating habits. It sounds like you eat enough, not too little or anything, but you mentioned eating more at dinnertime and less during other parts of the day. I find it VERY helpful and effective to eat little things throughout the day. You might like that if you don't prefer eating a big meal. I like to do 3 small meals and 2 small snacks. For breakfast I typically eat a nutrition bar, lunch would be a salad with some lean protein, and dinner a chicken breast with some kind of healthy side dish. For snacks I like berries, veggies, light string cheese, etc. It's good to avoid processed foods or foods very high in sodium. I also cut out a lot of starchy foods and have GREAT success with that. I still eat my carbs, but at the lower range of what is typically suggested. You might want to try a lower carb diet. I hear so many ladies who say they don't care for protein, but when I eat lots of lean chicken and meat, I lose weight pretty easily. Lean chicken also has much less calories than a lot of starchy foods. I eat a generous sized piece of chicken breast for just over 100 calories.

I also avoid all white potatoes and cereals because they go straight to my belly! I only allow myself sweet potatoes in small portions.

Veggies are a great choice, and fruits too, but even too much fruit can add up b/c of the sugar.

Hope this gives you some ideas! Best of luck to you!

Last edited by tUrRrRa; 06-05-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Closed Thread