It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
(female)

Advice Seeker13 HB User
Post Healthy diet structure?

I'm a sixteen year old girl, and I'm trying to develop a healthy diet structure, but don't know where to start.

(In case anyone was wondering, no I am not a teenage girl trying to lose unnecessary weight)

I'm 5'3 and I started out at 150lbs and was happy there but then I gained 16lbs and ended up at 166lbs. I've been physically feeling very crappy and so far I've cut out soda and all other drinks and am down to water and green tea. I try to eat salads and sandwiches and snacks are usually strawberries or pine apple. If I ever crave something with more flavor I eat Smart Choice microwaveable meals or Lean Cuisine.

I've lost 4lbs and am now 162lbs but I don't feel it doing much anymore. I was wondering if I could get any ideas on what foods to cut out an what to replace em with, good portion sizes, good meal schedules, and a good exercise routine for my age and weight that wont exhaust me. Basically I need a diet plan, I don't really have a structure right now I'm just making it a point not to eat certain things and now I need more

Help please?!

Note: I have an acute case of insomnia, so it's very hard for me not to feel myself getting hungry in the middle of the night as my breakfast hunger starts to set in. Any advice on how to squash that would also be a life saver.

Last edited by Advice Seeker13; 06-08-2009 at 05:02 AM.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Healthy diet structure?

Hi there! I'd love to give you some starting tips. Eating well balanced, nutritious meals should help you get into shape AND feel good. When I don't eat well, I know I don't feel as energized and I feel sluggish all the time. You might want to try keeping a food journal to write down what you eat each day. It's good to start this way so you can see what you need to change or add more of. I know I realized I wasn't eating enough fruits and veggies!

Salads are great! Just make sure to make it a nutritious salads. Some salads actually have a ton of calories. To keep it healthy, use a light dressing (no super thick creamy ones). I like to use South Beach Ranch dressing, which is low fat. Some low fat or fat free dressings have extra sugar in them (not healthy for you either!), so I like this one since it's not high in sugar either. Be sure to add in some lean protein, like grilled chicken for example. Keep all the toppings healthy too.

Make sure to eat a good mix of lean protein, fruits, vegetables, and healthy carbs. For your healthy carbs, you will want to limit your white breads and aim to eat more whole wheat/whole grain. Make sure you are eating within the proper carb range. 6-12 servings per day is the average recommended amount. Did you know one bagel from a bakery counts as 4 servings of carbs?? I had no idea! I used to eat too many carbs or at the higher range of allowed servings, so I cut back. I feel much better and my stomach got flatter! I like whole wheat tortillas (you can even bake pieces into "chips"), brown rice, and either whole wheat or flourless Ezekiel bread (it's kind of hard to find though). I like to eat low fat, but I do eat healthy sources of fat such as avocado, nuts, and olive oil. These are okay in small servings, but too much all at once can add a lot of calories.

Another thing you might want to try is to slowly cut back on processed foods. I used to eat a lot of lean cuisines (every day for most lunches and dinners). Recently I started eating more fresh salads and fresh foods and grilling my own meat and I feel much more energized and my body looks its best. I still have them occasionally, but much, much less often. Try that and see if it helps! They can just be a special treat or good for days when you are in a hurry. I like to prepare my meals ahead of time for busy days.

I hope this gives you some ideas to start with! The key to good nutrition is making sure your meals are well balanced and healthy With a good diet, weight loss is much easier!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread