It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

Annmarie12 HB User
Need advice about Weight Loss

Hi Guys

i am new to this and would like to introduce myself, i have been trying to lose weight for years and i have noticed that all the weight is on my stomach and calves i dont even have children and my stomach is soooo fat and my legs are so chunky.

I was wondering if anyone can give me advice as to how i can lose weight from the stomach and calves - it is really getting me down

i look forward to hearing from you guys

Annmarie

Ps what is the weather like where you are the weather here is so grey

Old 06-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Need advice about Weight Loss

Hi there! What have you already tried? That way I don't give you advice that you have already tried. Weight loss is tricky, so you've come to a good source for some help! As you probably know, you can't spot reduce, but a good exercise routine with both cardio and strength training, with a good eating plan, will be the most effective! We can try to give you more details when you let us know what didn't work for you.

And as for the weather since you asked, it's sunny today, but we sure did have lots of gloomy rain last week!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
(female)

Annmarie12 HB User

Hi TuRrRra

thanks for your reply well what havn't i tried i have tried the atkinson diet, low carb dies which i am on now, eating less to lose weight, going to the gym for half an hour and then leaving because not feeling motivated enough.

I have a very stressful job which causes me to snack alot then i look at my weight and eat even more

I am so stressed

Help!

ps: if it sunny where you are where are you because where i am it is gloomy so i feel gloomy

I look forward to your reply

kind regards

Annmarie

Old 06-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
(female)

Annmarie12 HB User

Has anybody had experience of detoxification for weight loss love to hear from you and experience and which one was successfull

Annmarie

Old 06-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I would not recommend the Atkins diet! It works for some, but as soon as you start eating carbs again, you will gain the weight back. Atkins also lets you eat fatty meats, which isn't good for your heart. Instead, it's better to eat lots of lean protein and just eat healthy carbs and cut out the processed, white carbs.

Sounds like you get pretty stressed! If you can try to find a way to keep your stress under control, that might help you with your eating habits. I'd work on that FIRST. It will be easier to make healthy choices if you feel more relaxed. I'm a very anxious person and get stressed too, so I understand. My advice is to make sure to allow yourself some time to do something fun for YOU. I often spend all evening running errands and doing chores after work and get exhausted. I now save the chores that take a while for the weekend and just do little things and have been giving myself some time to read. I'm not used to relaxing at all and get bored easily, but a little bit of reading time has been so nice. Working out helps my stress MOST though. I love to go running to beat stress. Pilates or yoga are other good options.

I enjoy working out a lot because I can eat more of whatever I want. If I cut back on my workouts, I have to be very strict with what I eat. Another tip I have is to not buy any "bad foods." If they are around, when you are stressed, you will eat them! I just don't buy them and keep lots of healthy choices around. I know if I have chips nearby, I'll eat too many. If I really want them, I only buy a miniature bag with one serving so I can't overeat them. I only buy ONE bag at a time.

It sounds like maybe the diets you tried were too difficult to stick with. Maybe some smaller changes will be better for you, a little at a time. Anything too extreme is hard to stick with! I did a diet where I got to do one cheat day a week and found that the easiest diet ever. I'd just save any bad foods for that one day a week. I lost all the weight I wanted to lose, kept it off, and felt awesome. I'm still maintaining it over a year later!

You asked about a cleanse. Cleanses originally were only meant to rid your body of toxins, NOT for weight loss. However, some do cause weight loss. You can try one if you want, but keep in mind that again, as soon as you start eating normal again, the weight comes back. Usually these are used for quick, short-lasting weight loss (for a movie role, for example). I've heard of some people making the "lemonade" drink and still eating and said they still had good results with it. I can't say not to try it because that is YOUR decision, but cleanses typically are not for long-lasting results.

Closed Thread