It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
(female)

Robin619 HB User
diet products

I'm a 220 pound woman, i've been trying to lose weight for a while now. I have tried all kinds of weight-loss products and nothing seems to work. I'm not a big eater, i also workout five days a week and i only lost four pounds in the last two months please tell me what am i doing wrong.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
Re: diet products

Robin619,

What helped me to learn about portion control years ago was Weight Watchers. Have you tried them or a similar group?

Do you keep a food diary, so that you really know what you eat every day? It's easy to "forget" a few bites of this and that, without realizing that we are consuming more food than we realize.

Do you taste foods for seasoning while you're cooking in the kitchen? There is a big difference between putting a drop (!!!) of food on the tongue vs slurping a whole spoonful (several times) to see if the saltiness is correct. My suggestion is to stop using much salt at all while you're cooking, and put the salt shaker on the table. That way, you don't have to "correct the seasoning" as they say in the cookbooks, and consume lots more (spoonfuls of) calories before you even sit down to eat.

Are your clothes fitting looser, even though the scale says that you haven't lost? Sometimes we are doing everything right, and the scale insists that we're not. But if we are losing fat at the same time we are gaining denser muscle from doing more exercise (good for you!!!), then they sort of cancel each other out in the beginning weight-wise. But our bodies really are getting healthier, and it'll show up on the scale later.

A recent book that I found interesting is "Mindless Eating -- Why We Eat More than We Think" by Brian Wansink, Ph.D. The title says it all -- we humans can sure fool ourselves!

I wish you the best. It's frustrating. But hang in there!

--Rheanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
(female)

DaisieFit HB User
Re: diet products

Having a food diary is a great tool to have!
I strongly recommend it...

People believe counting calories is a pain but what they don't realize is that you don't have to count calories all your life. Just enough time for you to know what your portions should be like. Once you have a good visual and a feel of when you ate enough, than counting calories is not necessary, it becomes second nature.

Weight Watchers is great for that because they help you count points,etc. However, the points are based on calories. So, I propose that instead of paying for weight watchers, start right away counting your calories and getting used to reading food labels.

Food for thought: if you don't have high calorie dense foods in your kitchen, the better the chances for you to not overdo it in calories.

Closed Thread