It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
(female)

MrsBlack HB User
What is your inspiration????

I think to myself - If people can lose sooooo much weight on The Biggest Loser, so can I.

I have to lose 50 lbs because if I don't, I run the risk of becoming a diabetic like my dad and sister. I won't let this happen to me.

Plus, I'm sick of looking like a slob.

What pushes you to lose weight???

Old 06-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

Mildred1260 HB User
Re: What is your inspiration????

My greatest inspiration is wanting to live. When I go out to resturants all I eat is baked fish and two salads. I feel so good about myself. I used to eat the fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, BBQ ribs, fried fish. Now I'm all about " eat to live not live to eat". I walk 2-4 miles a day and weight train(three times a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #3
(female)

MrsBlack HB User

I posted this thread and I didn't even mention my strongest inspiration - my kids. They both have special needs and I have to maximize my life for them...because I worry that when I'm gone, who will be there for them?

Old 06-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

For me it's about feeling good. Being able to walk longer than I did last year, without feeling tired. Being able to walk up the stairs carrying several bags of groceries without getting winded and feeling like my leg muscles are going to explode. And (*bonus beauty tip*) when I absolutely, positively don't feel motivated to walk on the the treadmill I tell myself to do it for my fingernails. Since walking regularly (and swinging my arms) my fingernails have started growing like crazy!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
(female)

XOX HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlack View Post
I think to myself - If people can lose sooooo much weight on The Biggest Loser, so can I.

I have to lose 50 lbs because if I don't, I run the risk of becoming a diabetic like my dad and sister. I won't let this happen to me.

Plus, I'm sick of looking like a slob.

What pushes you to lose weight???

When my sister told me that I I seriously need to go on a diet. Because she saw redlines on my belly due to sitting and having a big belly. She called her friend and told him to force her to do crunches daily so she won't grow up and become like me. Also, my slacks weren't fitting anymore

Old 06-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
(female)

bogie12 HB User

My inspiration is to keep up with my 2 grandkids & care for my special needs daughter! If I don't take of myself, I won't be around for them.

I'd really like to feel thin again, not have my feet & joints hurt so much. It is definitely time to smell the roses & take care of me! I want to eat to live not live to eat-I just love that saying. My body is trying to tell me that the buck stops here and now & it's time to move forward and be healthy!!

Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
(female)

3littlebirds HB User

My inspiration is my kids. I want to be able to have more energy and play with them the way they want me to!! I also want to be able to play soccer and hike without feelin

Old 06-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
(female)

3littlebirds HB User

My inspiration is my boys. I want to be able to play and run with them the way that they want and need me to. I want to be able to do things that I enjoy doing without getting out of breath and tired after five minutes, like soccer and hiking. My mother is also my inspiration. She lost 200 pounds when I was a little girl, so she is my role model.

Closed Thread