It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
(male)

Faux HB User
Help on losing weight.

Well, generally my body easily changes to what my routine is.

unfortunately in the past year I've undergone two surgeries in which the first I didn't eat for a month after and the second about two weeks and I'm sure you all know what that does to your metabolism.

Getting closer to my question (as I feel for most cases when giving an answer, being direct about the question usually helps more) I gained 45 lbs in the additional month the first time I had surgery and then lost 20 and then by the time the second one came around I gained another 25. BUT I'm also now working fast food restaurant which means long hours at the worst time for me that forces me to drink caffeine in order to stay awake cause they don't seem to know that a 9:00 am limit doesn't mean 3:00 am lol and I am no longer able to play DDR ...

so the direct question is: is there something else that's BETTER for those need right now energy substitutes I should be having and what can I do to strengthen my ankles, cause after standing on them for 10 hours, I don't have the strength in em to stand through much running or DDR lol

Old 06-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
(female)

DaisieFit HB User
Re: Help on losing weight.

I think you should consider if you are eating enough calories in order to widthstand the physical strain for your job.

Some alternatives to caffeine for energy are nuts and fruits. The days my husband works long hours, I pack his lunch with fruits and almonds. He says that the almonds help him stay awake on the drive back home. They are easy to pack and munch on.

You just have to be careful not to overdo it in terms of overall daily calories.

As for your ankles... there is no muscle there, mostly ligaments. So, it will be difficult for you to strengths your ankle as there is nothing, in theory, you can do about it.. except to take your breaks and basically, have management respect your schedule.

In my opinion, there is no job too good to sacrifice your health. I worked in a popular fast food chain in my youth and when I had enough, I had enough and left to find myself a better and more relax job.

I know this has nothing to do with fitness but I find it odd that people accept abuse from a boss and do nothing about it. It's part of your life and your lifestyle.

If you don't like it there, I say leave.

Meanwhile, you can try nuts and fruits for energy and taking proper breaks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
(male)

robf123 HB User
Re: Help on losing weight.

To strengthen your ankles, strengthen the muscles supporting them. These are the calf and shin muscles, so calf raises and shin raises are your best bet, as these are free and effective. Search on Youtube if you don't know what they are. good luck!

Closed Thread