It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
(female)

bolivianabx HB User
nothing works

im honestly getting addictive to weight loss pills that dont even work ,i just keep trying and trying to lose weight. I'm tired already being uncomfrable in my own skin. I hate worriying about any little thing that bothers me about about my body. I realize I'm not a happy person and always stressin out about my weight. I feel desparate because im young and want to be happy for once.

I need help

Old 06-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
(male)

robf123 HB User
Re: nothing works

Don't worry about it. Exercise regularly, at least 3 times a week for at least an hour a day, do something like jogging, cycling, or aerobics. Another thing to consider is that society often considers a healthy weight to be "overweight", so don't worry too much if it's just a little bit you'd rather not have . Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2009, 03:05 AM   #3
(female)

katie32cute HB User

I can understand what you're going through. I've been in the same situation, and sounds like you know that pills arenít the right solution.

There are plenty of real, no-gimmick plans that work. Dr. Phil recommends the Bistro MD diet plan. Itís healthy, nutritional frozen food for real people.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I understand what you mean too. I used to have really poor body image problems and used to physically hurt myself because I was not happy. Is there anyone you can talk to that you trust? I used to talk to a counselor about it and realized I had a few underlying issues causing me sadness. I am also a pretty anxious person. After being depressed for years, I decided that I needed to do something about it since it was getting worse. Eventually, I hope you can find the same thing too, because it only gets harder and harder.

My counselor recommended that I exercise more not just for my health, but to calm myself down and improve my self confidence. I used to work out 3 times a week and upped it to 5 times a week and made it more challenging. It really, really helped me. I run and gave up walking and the elliptical because they weren't working for me. I made it a PRIORITY. I wasn't getting a lot of sleep, but the exercise still helped me feel much better. I had to make it a late night workout at that time, but it was SO worth it! What kind of activity do you get now? You might want to try something new that you enjoy!

As the pills, try to remember that most don't work and some that do have negative side effects. Plus, you will gain back the weight if you stop taking them. Just try to remember this!

You also might want to try journaling. Write down about what made you feel bad that day and write down anything good that happens. Keep track of your feelings and if you found anything that helped you feel better. This is a great option if you can't go to counseling for whatever reason.

Best of luck to you!!! I'd love to give you any other advice if you have already tried these things.

Closed Thread