It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
(male)

tsholty12 HB User
not losing weight on induction -- should i do no carb?

I am not losing weight on induction -- should i do no carb?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: not losing weight on induction -- should i do no carb?

It's pretty much impossible to do NO-carb since even many veggies and fruits have carbs, but cutting back on them can be helpful. Many people eat TOO many carbs and don't realize it. For example, one large bagel can be 4 servings of carbs, NOT one. After one bagel, you're almost at the amount of carbs you need for a whole day.

I suggest tracking your carbs with a free online tool so you can see if you are in a good range. A healthy range depends on how many calories you eat total, but a tracker online can help you with this. I try to eat at the lower part of the healthy range. I don't do low carb or anything, but I do lowER carb if that makes sense!

Eating too much sugar and processed carbs can make weight loss difficult. I am already an active person and already eat pretty healthy, so I have to put a lot of effort out there to lose weight. I know a lot of ladies who eat those 100-calorie packs, but really, they are just smaller portions of cookies and crackers. I avoid those things and instead would rather have a low fat string cheese or some fruit. Eating less-processed items can help big time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
(female)

thesedays HB User

tsholty - post a typical daily menu of what you are eating and drinking. I guarantee you are not eating a "clean" induction if you aren't losing weight.

I'll check back to see what you post.

Last edited by thesedays; 07-06-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Also, forgot to mention.. if you happen to be having trouble with belly fat, it can often be from too many carbs/sugar. I gain weight in my middle, so I really watch my carb level and make sure I'm eating a healthy level of them to avoid unhealthy belly fat.

Closed Thread