It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
Anyone stop smoking and have success with weight loss too?

Hi all--It has been 6 months today since I had a cigarette and I still have to think of it as just a day at a time so I don't relapse. I have had a constant battle with weight all my life too so I guess I'm just one of those people who has had to fight to give up things maybe more than some. I'm heavy and I haven't put any effort into losing weight because to be honest it's just too darn hard right now and I can only do one life change at a time without going crazy. I am taking mood stabilizers and an antidepressant which I'm sure helps to add weight so I know they account for a little bit of the weight issue, but I do know I haven't been depriving myself so my hand to my mouth is to blame, too. I would like to find a weight loss program that doesn't really feel like a diet nor do I want to feel deprived. I know this would take a long time but that's okay. I can incorporate some exercise into the mix also. My question is has anyone else had a similar instance where they were successful after stopping smoking and lost some weight in a program or by their doctor and it didn't feel like they were depriving themselves ? Thanks so much--Hopeto--

Old 07-14-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
(female)

mlzdreamer HB User
Re: Anyone stop smoking and have success with weight loss too?

Good Morning,

After smoking for many, many years, I have finally quit. It is 2 months and 2 days and I haven't stopped craving just one drag (please!!) yet. I did not want to gain a lot of weight, though I knew some gain would be inevitable, and I have found that crunching on rice cakes and drinking lots of water have helped control things a bit. I've read in multiple places that the average gain is 4-10 lbs. Your metabolism changes. 6 months is a long time - congratulations!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread