It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
(male)

ColonelForbin HB User
I stopped losing weight..

Firstly wanted to "introduce" myself to everyone here.

As to my question. After a long time of "faking" myself out, I started a diet and regular excersise. I still eat whatever I want, but limit myself to a certain caloric intake (1800) and daily excerise. Anyways, I lost about 10 lbs during June. The goal was and still is to lose another 10 more. However, after the first ten, Ive been stuck at my current weight since begining of July. I am eating the same, and working out the same. In order to lose the last 10, do I need to increase my workout or decrease my calories? Does the body somehow become resistant to what first worked? Thank you so much in advance for the future helpful answers. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #2
(female)

flaxchick HB User
Re: I stopped losing weight..

I found that I was never able to stick to a program if I felt hungry. I feel you need to try to change your day to day habits for best
results. I tried Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem and found that I lost
weight with both but when I stopped buying the food, I gained it all
back, plus more!

What I find works best is being more aware on a day to day basis of
your calories and eating a high fiber diet.

I am a also huge fan of flax, raw almonds and butternut squash I recently lost 30 pounds by being more aware every day of how many calories I consume and making them
worthwhile calories. I have a low fat yogurt with golden roasted
fitflax (nutty/low carb/low cal). It is a flax and chia blend and
was written about in O mag. I also restrict my carbs in the evening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

Those new to exercise sometimes gain muscle as they are losing fat (this is more difficult and less common in those who are already physically fit). Is it possible that you are losing body fat and gaining muscle such that they "cancel out" on the scale (but that would be healthy, since your body fat percentage is decreasing)? Is your waistline shrinking and getting less flabby?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
(female)

XOX HB User

I had the same prblm. I lost 10 pounds and remained the same. I ate the same amount and exercised the same amount or even more at times. But when I stopped doing the same exercises I use to do and eating less I lost some weight. I use do steps, turbo kickboxing, and running but then later I changed to doing only pilates and yoga. I think its true about eating small portions. If your not eating to the point where your full and not eating 5 hours before you sleep, you lose weight.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
(male)

ColonelForbin HB User

Thank you all for the feedback. Yes, its certainly possible I have been building muscle as I even notice some slightly new definitions. However, the issue was remaining at where I have gotten, with no new weight loss.

After speaking to a friend who is into osteopathoy and homeopathic remedies, he suggested a few things, which Ii'd like to share.

He pointed out that withj weight loss, people will find similiar issues as with muscle gain for bodybuilders. After reaching a certain "plateua" the weight stops coming off, or becomes much harder. One then needs to boost there metabolism.

Suggestions:

2 tsp of apple cider vinegar 1 tsp of honey in cup of water before meals. 2X ooglong tea per day, and a mixture of psillium and green clay, neither of which I know what they are, in water. Supposedly this sort of shocks the system

Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
Thank you all for the feedback. Yes, its certainly possible I have been building muscle as I even notice some slightly new definitions. However, the issue was remaining at where I have gotten, with no new weight loss.
If you gain N pounds of muscle while losing N pounds of fat, that is a good thing, even if the scale shows "no progress". You may want to track your progress in terms of body fat percentage and/or waist size instead of using only weight.

Remember that an athlete may be "overweight", but heavy with muscle, and not have the risks of being fat. Meanwhile someone within the "normal weight" range may have too little muscle, too much fat, and be at increased health risk due to having too much fat.

Closed Thread