It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
(female)

ladybug1978 HB User
Any Suggestions??? Appetite Control!

So I am looking for some pointers, tips and stories to weightloss-recently it seems as though I just keep tacking on pounds, all I think about is food, I eat when I am bored and not even hungry? I have to admit I donít exercise as much as I should, but even when I do I am starved after, I have tried no carb, low carb, low calorie (1200-1500) daily, weight watchers, you name them Iíve tried them, I get my daily water intake and have been tested for any medical disorder I may have to cause this and they have all been ok. I do have PCOS and am currently taking Yaz Birth Contril which keeps it under control blood work wise but I just donít know what to do? I am looking for some thought or ideas other people have tried to keep their appetite under control when dieting?

Old 07-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Any Suggestions???Appetite Control!@

Hi there! It's probably BEST that you only work on controlling your appetite rather than trying various diets out there. Any diet won't work for you if you constantly want food, and that's frustrating!

I find that I get this way sometimes and yes, there are little tricks that can help, but NONE are miracles. I try to drink a lot of water, chew gum often, eat small snacks in between meals, but most of all, it's working on your willpower. When I'm at work, I can only eat when I bring. So, I prepare a meal in the right size and maybe a little snack too. If I get hungry again or feel like eating, I'll have a cup of coffee or a drink as a little treat and that's it. For at home, I literally will not buy anything in a large bag, such as chips. It's too tempting to go munch on them and eat too many. Only buy small portions and avoid any of those snacks that tempt you too much. I only occasionally buy certain items because I know I'll overeat them. I also try to share treats with other people... that way, I am limited since I have to share. I also try to not eat when I'm doing something else or I'll be distracted and eat too much without even realizing it or enjoying it (like when watching tv, working, etc). I also try to drink a lot of liquids before and during my meals and it fills me up faster.

Another thing to watch is the type of foods you eat. Try to eat foods with more fiber, juicy foods with a lot of liquid, and filling whole grains. I avoid too much of only one food group at a time and really try to balance out my meals. I like to add a salad to each meal whenever I have it. If you are really just wanting to eat and can't get rid of the feeling, eat a 100 calorie pack of popcorn or a large salad (but watch the dressing) for something low in calories, but plenty to eat.

I hope some of this helps! I've tried those hoodia pills that are supposed to help your appetite, and they did make me feel full, BUT they also upset my stomach a bit! Not worth it to me! I also stopped eating healthy frozen dishes, which I used to eat every day. They weren't satisfying for some reason and I'd get hungry again very soon.

Last edited by tUrRrRa; 07-13-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2009, 05:04 AM   #3
(female)

ladybug1978 HB User
Re: Any Suggestions??? Appetite Control!

Thank you so much those are some great ideas and I did just start drinking coffee at first with either splenda or 1 sugar now with just skim milk, another thing was that I was drinking crystal light at night and I just recently heard that those artificial sweetners make you hungry so maybe that didn't help. I know it like if the food is there I will eat it whether I am hungry or not, someone else also gave me a tip recently that you need to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily, did that yesterday and going to try and keep it up, its just hard because you are constantly in the bathroom!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Haha yes that is true that you always have to go the bathroom with all of that water! I get that way and it's annoying if I'm not at home. I feel more full when doing this though, so it DOES help!

Yes, some people do crave more sweets from artificial sweeteners, so definitely watch out for that. See if you notice any patterns when you use artificial sweeteners. I'd definitely stop using them if you think they make you feel hungrier. I've heard it's common for these to make you crave sweets. For some reason I don't have this problem at all and feel the opposite- I am NOT a big sweets person.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
(female)

bilybowl HB User

Hi, drinking water does help alot - at least 8 glasses a day - it may seem like alot, but it helps. Also, eating all the foods from the food pyramid makes a huge difference in fighting off food cravings along with portion control. Additionally, remember if you mess up on part of a day or even all day, that's o.k., we have all done that.

To fight the munchies - try fresh fruit or vegetables, which are generally low in calories. Summer is a great time to have these.

Good luck with you weight loss journey

Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #6
(female)

ladybug1978 HB User

Thank you all!

Closed Thread