It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 05:29 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sprout07 HB User
Need ideas

Hello all. I have been battling my weight since I had a baby almost 2 years ago! Instead of losing, I've gained! I work full time and between working, taking care of my daughter and all of the other tasks, I find it hard to squeeze in exercise and healthy eating. Even when I watch my intake, I may lose just a little, but then as soon as I eat something that is a no no, I swear I gain like 5 pounds! And I am always hungry! Anyway, I am here looking for suggestions on what to eat to cut out some of my daily intake of calories during my work day. Does anyone have any suggestions for breakfasts and lunches that are able to be packed ahead of time and taken to work? I typically eat 2 packs of Quaker oatmeal for breakfast now-and I'm sure there are ideas out there for something that is less sugary and has more protein in it. Thoughts?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

GEORGEP HB User
Re: Need ideas

The only way to lose weight is to eat less calories daily. Eat only whole grains, fruits, vegetables , no read me, modest amounts of chicken or fish. Bring salads to work. Eat no processed foods. Exercise if you can but generally the best way is calorie restriction.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout07 View Post
I typically eat 2 packs of Quaker oatmeal for breakfast now-and I'm sure there are ideas out there for something that is less sugary and has more protein in it. Thoughts?
Are the oatmeal packets regular / original flavor (no sugar) or the highly sweetened flavored types? If the latter, just substitute the regular / original flavor instead to cut out the empty calories from the added sugar.

For variety, you could try eggs and/or beans with vegetables and/or salsa.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
(female)

Cobear HB User

I struggle with this too. Living in the desert makes it particularly difficult. It seems the only highly portable foods are carbs. I will say that oatmeal never works for me as a breakfast food. Rolled oats leave me hungry and brain dead 2 hours after eating them (although steal cut oats are much better for me). Maybe you could do something like whole grain toast with some sugar free peanut butter? That would keep you full and regulate your blood sugar to give you lasting energy. I would love to hear suggestions about portable foods other than jerkey and sliced veggies.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sprout07 HB User

Good morning. So I am posting an answer to my own question. I have found one diet breakfast food that is portable and has a good source of protein. I have been bringing those individual containers of lowfat cottage cheese with some fruit to work for breakfast. Today I also borught in a reduced fat crescent from the refrigerated tube. I think in all it's about 250 calories. Pretty tasty, and satisfies me. Anyone else have any more suggestions?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
(female)

whiteandblue HB User

I also need the idea.

Closed Thread