It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
(male)

son1981 HB User
Question Trying to lose five or so pounds of fat Scared here

Hello

I Went to Herbal Magic and I got these meal replacement protein shakes to help me cut out fat.

See i am a very active person and exercise a few times at the gym a week both weights and cardio. However I want to lose the fat that is underneath my muscle so i am cutting my calories and increasing cardio a bit.

This is how i will be eating the new few weeks

Breakfast : 1 shake with 2 glasses of 0 percent milk the shake is 250 cals and is a total meal replacement

Inbetween Snack a protein bar which is 150 Cals

Then another shake for Lunch 250 Cals

THen A snack a bowl of oatmeal a small one with fat free milk

Supper ANy lean meat with healthy low starch vegies OR brown rice and vegies or Tofu and vegies Or 100 percent whole wheat pasta with fat free pasta sauce

For supper I eat until i am reasonably full and satisified

What do you guys think of this? I will do it for a few weeks?

Supplements I am taking EXtra are Multivitamin, Omega 3, Green Tea, Salba, Greens, Amino Acid Complex, msm

WHat do you guys think of this? Will it work? Should I omit the small bowl of oatmeal?

Also i eat each shake with a lil bit of raw veggies or a piece of fruit

Im five 8 155

Goal is to be down to 145 and then i will add on muscle till im about 150

What do you guys think? Safe? healthy?

Old 08-06-2009, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Trying to lose five or so pounds of fat Scared here

Hi there! I have used protein shakes to lose weight and had good success with them. I just make sure to buy one that is sugar free and low in carbs. Mine is also pretty low calorie and using skim milk is a great idea to keep calories down. Just make sure that you aren't getting too much protein or vitamins. Many vitamins are okay in larger amounts, but you can actually overdo it with some. I also accidentally was eating TOO much protein in the past, which can be tough on your kidneys. I started feeling a little bit of painful urination, so I definitely cut back on protein to a normal amount.

Definitely make sure to eat the fruits and veggies! At first I was going to suggest more of them, but you mentioned that you will eat them. I notice that I can lose weight much more easily when eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. I cut back on all processed foods, canned foods, packaged foods, etc.

I do not eat pasta at all and hardly eat rice because it makes me very bloated and uncomfortable. I also tend to gain weight around my stomach if I eat very grainy foods too often. I still eat plenty of carbs, but mostly from fruits and veggies and small amounts of healthy bread. If you feel okay with them, then sure, they are definitely okay when you stick with whole wheat products and brown or wild rice.

I find that it tastes great to add some berries to my protein shakes and blend them up in there. I have some strawberry protein powder at home and it tastes really good with blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. It makes it a bit more filling too. This also works well with vanilla protein powder.

I also found it helpful to up my workouts from about 3 times a week to 5 times a week when I was losing weight. I still work out 5 times a week to maintain my weight loss. I also used to use the elliptical machine and for some reason I stay in shape MUCH better if I run, so I run about 3 miles, and then I lift some light weights. Works great for me and I enjoy it!

Good luck to you and I hope your plan works well If you find it too difficult to only drink shakes, try some lean meat (like chicken breast) for a good protein source that's low in calories. And definitely try to make sure you are eating a good, healthy amount of calories!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread