It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
(male)

Cubes HB User
Sports teenager needs some help

I'm a 16 year old male. I am 5'11" tall, and weigh about 255lbs. Its not all fat, i do have a lot of muscle on me, i can bench more than my weight.

But anyway, im into sports, i play football, and I wrestle. Im trying to get ready for wrestling season this year. It starts the first week of nonmember.

anyway, im trying to drop to the 215 weight class, and im 255lbs right now. I think i know what im doing exercise wise, but i really need help with my diet. I have grown up in a house where we dont have very good diets, so im not sure what i should be eating, to lose that much weight be november. I would really like a detailed diet plan for day to day use. Like, what should i have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc... Can someone please help me with this?

Also, heres my work out plan, on mondays, after school, i do my upper body, with more of a, really high reps with really small weight type thing. Then on tuesday, I do the same thing but with my legs. then on wednesday i do my upper body in the wieght room. and on thurday, i do my lower body in the weight rooom

is this an ok work out to lose wieght, im not really looking to put on too much more muscle, i just mostly need to drop weight, any ideas?

and dont forget, i need to be down to around 220ish by november.

thanks in advanced!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-27-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Sports teenager needs some help

Hi Cubes,

You sound like a great guy, and I admire you for playing sports in high school. I have two sons that played sports in school, and still do as adults. Sports are great for building character and confidence, so I'm all for that!

So, you want to loose 40 pounds between late August, and late November. That is approximately 90 days. That kind of goal would require 14 pounds per month, and would not be a healthy amount of weight loss that quickly. Especially because you are still growing, and are very active, and need to concentrate on learning, rather than loosing alot of weight.

Are there other weight classes you can wrestle in? I have forgotten all the different classes. Is there a special reason you want to wrestle at 215? Have you talked to your coach about this? I would be afraid that if you did reach your goal, you would be too tired and weak to do your best, and you would be so hungry! That's the mom in me, cant help it...

40 lb by Nov 20

Last edited by Administrator; 08-27-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
(male)

Cubes HB User

Ok well if I can be down to 230 by the first week of November that would be ok. Think that would work?

And the reason I want to go 215 is because I don't want to wrestle heavy weight. Which is 215-285

the problem is, I shattered my elbow the end of last season, so I couldn't play football this year, which sucked. I love football. So I sat around with a wound vac hooked up to my arm all summer with nothing to do but eat. So I gained quite a bit of weight.

And I dot think losing 30 pounds in little over a month is un healthy. As long as I do it right. Which is why I need your guys's he'll with my diet etc...

Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

You have a lot going for you. You are young, you are male and you are active. Young men can lose weight easier and faster than anyone else. I recommend adding cardio to your workout. The way to lose fat and weight is to get your heart rate up (running, walking, biking, elliptical or swimming). As far as the diet goes, it is easier said than done. If you live in a house where healthy food isn't readily available, you're probably going to have a tough time. I recommend the standards: lean protein, fruits, veggies and some whole grains. The things to start cutting out are the processed foods such as frozen and boxed items. Also, chips, crackers and sweets. I try to live by the calories in vs. calories out theory. Your body needs a certain # of calories per day to function (you can find this out online on a calorie calculator). If you eat 500 less per day than this #, you will lose a pound per week. If you then add 500 calories burned during exercise everyday, you'll lose another pound per week. Hope this makes sense and I hope you're able to reach your goal.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
(male)

Cubes HB User

Thanks for the tips. And yea the problem is, lol, that sense I didn't grow up with a ton of veggies, I can't stand the darn things lol

but I'll try, I do like fruit so I'll ea lots of that. And I get what your saying about the calories. But how do you know how many calories are in what you are eating etc... Sorry lol, I'm new to all this

also, I forgot to ask, sense I gained a lit if weight fairly quickly, I was left with some gross stretch marks, any good ways to get rid of them? Will they fade as I start to lose weight?

Old 08-27-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

To find calories in each food, look in the USDA nutrient database:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Last edited by tjlhb; 08-27-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Closed Thread