It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #1
(female)

daisymae9368 HB User
Calories needed per day

Ok, I need to lose over 100lbs, I weigh 339. I was recently diagnosed with a severe thyroid condition and I am now on medication for that. I also take a medication called topamax for my mood disorder that left me without an appetite. I thought this would be a good thing but it has turned out to be the opposite.

I did an online calculator that said I should be eating close to 2200 calories per day with moderate to light excersise to lose weight. I thought this was a bit high but I did several calorie calculator's and got the same thing. This is the problem....I can't eat that much. I keep a close count on my calories and can only manage to take in between 1100 to 1500 a day. When I do manage the 1500 I feel so full and uncomfortable it is awful. How in the world do I manage the 2200?
I do walk every day apx a mile which is the most I can do because of severe arthritis in my spine, but a mile is much more than I could do a few months ago. Also i do eat 5 times a day. Small meals spaced out...but the total calories never exceeds 1500 and is usually closer to 1200

I lost 10 lbs when I first went on thyroid meds but that was awhile ago...in the last 4 weeks I have lost nothing, not even a pound. I am pretty sure my body thinks it is starving but I am just not hungery. I would like to also add that most people eat the small meals 5 times a day to keep from feeling hungry, I do it to make sure I eat.... I never get hungry, not at all. I could go all day without eating a bite if I didn't eat on my scheduled times and would never miss it.
What should I do? I need to start losing again. How do I get my body out of this starvation mode without feeling like I am stuffing myself

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread