It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

Angellov026 HB User
Lightbulb I need to lose my weight and change my life style.

I am 25 years old I weight 357lbs and I realize that I need to change. Last night I went to a nursing / recovery place I brought my friend dinner (CNA not a patient) and there was a patient sitting outside in a wheel chair, she was nice, great hair but she was very obese. She had to have BOTH doors open to get into the building and it took 3 people to get her into the building plus I helped open the doors!! I do not want to end up like that. I need to lose weight I will admit it I am obese but I am not as big as her but if I do not change my ways I will be that big!! I hate my weight everywhere I go I feel like I am being judged and watched. Every time I eat something someone has to give me there opinion about the food I eat. My best friend desperately wants me to lose weight he is always mentioning diets, procedures ect. I know he is trying to help but it is almost every day and he expects me to make the life changes over night. It is not that easy to give up eating habits yes I am trying too but some are hard. When I am upset I eat, and then I throw it up because I feel guilty for eating and I don’t’ want to gain more weight. I throw up if I feel wrong, or if I want to be alone, I eat so I can throw up. I know it is not healthy but I feel somewhat better after I do it. I lie to my family, I lie to my friends, I lie to everyone I meet. I realize that I need to start eating healthy, I need to stop throwing up, I need to start being honest with myself and the people in my life. I lie because I do not feel like I fit in, I feel like I do not belong and I do not want to be more of a freak I lie to fit in. I feel like I do not deserved to be loved or liked by anyone. I push out the people who like and love me. I hate myself more than society hates me. I know the way I live my life is wrong and I am going to change. I realize that I need to apologize to the people who I have hurt and start changing my life. At this point in time I will take it one day at a time.

Last edited by Angellov026; 09-05-2009 at 01:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

DannyT5 HB User
Re: I need to lose my weight and change my life style.

Sounds like you have some serious problems. I'd go see a doctor as it sounds to me like you have Bulimia.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:59 AM   #3
(female)

joss28 HB User

Hello, I just signed up a couple of minutes ago so I'm new at this. I stumbled upon your post. Angellov26, I agree with DannyT5 you should definitely get some help! It truly worries me about the throwing up thing. I want to offer you advice, but I am a bit concerned about the possible Bulimia.
You see I used to weigh 276 pounds and the heaviest I've been was about 290. I now weigh 192 lbs.(yay!! lol) I am in no diet. (don't like the word either) =) I have completely changed the way I eat. I count calories and I jot down EVERYTHING I eat in my food journal. I LOVEEEE junk food, but I eat it in moderation. Nothing is off limits in my plan. If you want , I can offer you advice. Like I said, I am a bit afraid of the throwing up issue. :/

Old 09-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #4
(female)

angeleyez0406 HB User

Hey i'm very new to this too (joined a few minutes ago)
I am 19 years of age and weigh 181 pounds. I have tried everything to lose weight but nothing seems to work.....
My biggest down fall are crisps i could sit and eat loads (considering hypnotherapy to get rid of this craving lol!!!)
I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips at all??
Also i just got back from a "running" session if you can call it that. I did 5 minutes running 5 minutes brisk walking and then 5 minutes running and 5 minutes brisk walking... (to start out though i thought it werent bad )
Also I am sorry to hear about your problem hun (Angellov026) i think you should go and see a doctor to stop throwing up, it's not going to do you any good sweetheart and your just going to end up hurting yourself i know it's going to be hard though but it'll be worth it in the end!! maybe they'll give you a diet plan or something but hopefully it'll make you better....
I look forward to everyones reply!
xx

Last edited by angeleyez0406; 09-17-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: error

Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

DannyT5 HB User

Whats your diet like?

Theres no point going running if your diets full of carbs and fat as you'll be putting all that work in and seeing no results, thats what gets people disheartend.

Just changing your eating habbits makes the biggest differance, it can be good aswell you dont have to starve yourself or just eat salad all the time like most people think.

Ditch the junk food like crisps, chocolate, frozen food like burgers and pizzas and start to eat fresh.

Try to cut out as much carbs as possible as these are what keep the weight on. Thats things like bread, pasta, rice, crisps, potatoes are really poor for dieting but if you are gonna eat them then atleast limit eating them to the morning time as your body gets rid of carbs quicker rather than late at night where it'll just lie on your stomach.

Try and consume as much protein in your diet as possible, things like chicken are great in protein but especially fish, you can eat as much of that as you want!

Try having a pack of crisps once or twice a week, this way its a treat and they will taste alot better!

Running is a good start to exercising, try doing 2 minutes power walking, 2 minutes sprinting and repeat for aslong as you can go... thats the best way to do it.

Try doing some weights aswell. Most women are put off by weights thinking there gonna end up with massive muscles like arni but it really isnt the case. Weights burn up more calories than cardio work outs, will get the fat off easier and tone your body nicely. No need to go doing stupid weights, just pick nice easy dumbells and do some exercies with them, try to aim for doing 12-15 repertitions per exercise and repeat those sets about 2-3 times.

Like i said, first step is sorting your diet out. Like the old saying 'you are what you eat' it really is the case.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-17-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

Old 09-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
(female)

joss28 HB User

Hi Angeleyez, may I ask what your height is? just to know what you're supposed to weigh. How much weight are you planning on losing? I still need to lose 23 pounds myself. These pounds have been the toughest to get rid of!! I read that the body "believes" it is fending off total starvation and fights to keep each and every ounce of fat that it has stored.(crazy huh :/ ) maybe that's whats happening to you? Have you been losing weight and just recently been unable to lose any more? no matter what you do? If so , you could have hit what is called "The Weight Loss Plateau" about the crisps, it's potatoe chips right? well, you should definitely eat them only once in a while like Danny said. Never get rid of something you really like , because if you do? you are more likely to want it even more and will end of binging on it and that is the worst thing you can do to your body. Have you tried looking for a healthy recipe to substitute the crisps? I like making oven fries (yummy lol)

Step 1: preheat your oven to 425. Wash the potatoes and thoroughly dry them. You can use any kind. Russet, red skinned, Idaho etc. You can peel them or leave the peel on, your choice.(skin is good for you though)
Quarter the potatoes lengthwise and then cut them into chunks. Spray your pan with a non stick spray.( I use olive oil spray) I also use a non stick pan ( I use a cookie sheet thingy.) Place the potatoes in the pan and add the olive oil and your favorite seasonings. Mix well and spread the potatoes out in the pan. ( If you prefer, you can mix the seasonings, oil and potatoes in a bowl and then place them in the pan). I omit the bowl. For the seasonings I use seasoning salt, garlic powder, kosher salt(just a pinch), pepper, paprika and parsley flakes.

Step 2: Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Do not cover with foil or a lid. If you do, they will be soft instead of crisp. When the potatoes start browning on the bottom, turn them over with a spatula. I turn them 3-4 times. Turning the potatoes will help them brown evenly.

I like making a medium potatoe for myself, but I always have to do more since my brother liked them (darn it lol.) I rarely use salt, since I like adding hot sauce to my food.

Baked potatoe chips are also available! they are sort of dry, but more healthy than the original greasy ones.

Do you count calories?

Sorry, I hope this helps. I really don't know what you are doing in your plan, so I have no idea how to start helping. I think I asked you to many questions . :/ Hope I can still help in some way.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:01 AM   #7
(female)

angeleyez0406 HB User

Thanks for your advice...
My diet isnt that unhealthy the only thing is really the crisps lol I normally have fruit salad for breakfast and i snack on fruit throughout the day. oh and i cant get enough of fish, especially salmon lol. But when i eat the crisps its because i'm having an off day, surely everyone has one of those? lol.
Thanks again for your advice though it is very much appreciated and i'll keep you up to date with how im progressing. Yesterday was a result though...

Last edited by angeleyez0406; 09-18-2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: error

Old 09-18-2009, 03:03 AM   #8
(female)

angeleyez0406 HB User

thanks for your crisps advice i shall try it and i am 5 ft 6 and a half. and its just i cant really ever start losing weight i lose a couple of pounds and it all goes straight back on again... i shall keep trying though and look forward to everyones tips
x

Old 09-18-2009, 03:05 AM   #9
(female)

angeleyez0406 HB User

Thanks for your advice Danny...
My diet isnt that unhealthy the only thing is really the crisps lol I normally have fruit salad for breakfast and i snack on fruit throughout the day. oh and i cant get enough of fish, especially salmon lol. But when i eat the crisps its because i'm having an off day, surely everyone has one of those? lol.
Thanks again for your advice though it is very much appreciated and i'll keep you up to date with how im progressing. Yesterday was a result though...

Old 09-19-2009, 03:24 AM   #10
(female)

joss28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyez0406 View Post
thanks for your crisps advice i shall try it and i am 5 ft 6 and a half. and its just i cant really ever start losing weight i lose a couple of pounds and it all goes straight back on again... i shall keep trying though and look forward to everyones tips
x
Hi, angeleyez brace yourself for the info

Is that all you eat for breakfast? A fruit salad? and snack on fruits during the day? that's nothing. You should eat protein in the mornings. Eating protein in the morning will help you burn 65% more fat during the day!! I heard it from a legitimate doctor that comes out in TV lol. You need wholesome foods. The salmon is great! Omega 3. Don't know if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that when you get to your goal, you go back to eating normal? That's the reason you gain it all back.

Have you ever thought about counting calories? You keep track of everything you eat and DRINK. Do you drink pop or coke a lot? by leaving that ALONE!! you will lose weight without changing your diet. Drinks are just EMPTY calories! no benefits whatsoever. 100% JUICE is good , although it does have about 120 calories for one cup. I haven't had a coke in about 2 years. I drink 3 liters of water everyday sometimes carbonated water.

When I'm done with my weight loss, I will still count calories for maintenance ( to maintain my weight, so I will NEVER EVER gain the weight back)

I have a cute journal lol. where I write everything. I have the dates and I put the goal for the day which for me is 1650 caloires a day. By the way with your age, weight,and height. I checked to see how many calories you "should" consume a day. I also added that you do at least 3 days a week of exercise. I really didn't know if you do that amount. Your caloric intake came out to **1770** that's for weight loss. There's also a number for maintenance and extreme weight loss, but I wouldn't recommend that one. That's only for extreme cases.

Ok breakfast should ideally be between 300 to 400 calories it's just a guide. I have this site, where I just add the name of the food I'm eating and it tells me how many calories it has. For example an orange well, it can be a small, med. or large.. it automatically calculates the calories. It also tells you how you can burn a certain food. ( I know this might seem a bit daunting or to much of a hassle, but I truly recommend it) I don't use the site at all anymore. I've learned all the calories worth of all my foods. I also know how to make the healthiest choices when I go to a fast food restaurant. I ALWAYS PLAN AHEAD of what I will be eating for every meal.

This is an example of what I eat in one day. I don't write all this down it's just so you can see it better. I just write eggs-90 etc.

Breakfast: 2 eggs (one whole and one with no yolk)= 90 calories
1 toasted bread (whole wheat I DONT EAT WHITE BREAD) = 50 cal.
cup of milk ( I measure everything) =80
Half an orange (medium) =31

for all this ! It's only 251 calories! amazing right. That's almost like a snicker's bar!! which is 280 calories. and what fills you up? and is wayyy healthier?

Snack: medium apple= 95
cheese stick= 80
juice=120

Lunch: ( this was fast food) chagrilled chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A with lettuce and tomatoe NO MAYO= 260
fruit cup= 100
water = 0
360 calories! when eating out look for keywords (good= grilled, baked, etc)bad = deep fried, pan-fried, batter dipped, breaded, crispy, etc. are all unhealthy fats and high in calories. I went to a restaurant last week which I had not gone before. My cousin invited me and well, I tried to order the best that I could , I later figured out it was worth 1,020 calories!! I was at myself for that but oh well. PLAN PLAN PLAN

Snack: V8 (worth 2 veggies)= 70

Dinner: 2 tbsp of peanut butter = 190
2 breads=100
1/2 banana= 40
1 cup of milk= 80

330 calories! 2 tbsp of pb and banana sandwich (I add slices of banana instead of using jelly . PB has alot of calories, but it has healthy fats!! and it has vitamin E and other kinds of vitamins lol. that are good for you. )

Snack: Reeses chocolate= 260
I know , I was being bad here lol. These are my favorite!! and I don't eat it everyday.

Of course I forgot to add the water to the list. By the way , the juice and milk all count as water too.

Total calories for this day was 1646. I sometimes have a hard time actually eating the whole amount. But of course, it's important to do so. If you don't you'll lose muscle instead of fat. I eat alot lol.

I also have cheat days!!!!! I enjoy these haha. The body gets used to eating a certain amount of calories, so I up it up a bit. I get a day every week of eating 1800 to 1900 calories a day.

Hope this helps and inspires you to count calories! It's simple eyez and when you do lose the weight, you will most likely not gain it back EVER and that's good news

sorry about the long novel I wrote lol.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #11
(female)

angeleyez0406 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joss28 View Post
Hi, angeleyez brace yourself for the info

Is that all you eat for breakfast? A fruit salad? and snack on fruits during the day? that's nothing. You should eat protein in the mornings. Eating protein in the morning will help you burn 65% more fat during the day!! I heard it from a legitimate doctor that comes out in TV lol. You need wholesome foods. The salmon is great! Omega 3. Don't know if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking that when you get to your goal, you go back to eating normal? That's the reason you gain it all back.

Have you ever thought about counting calories? You keep track of everything you eat and DRINK. Do you drink pop or coke a lot? by leaving that ALONE!! you will lose weight without changing your diet. Drinks are just EMPTY calories! no benefits whatsoever. 100% JUICE is good , although it does have about 120 calories for one cup. I haven't had a coke in about 2 years. I drink 3 liters of water everyday sometimes carbonated water.

When I'm done with my weight loss, I will still count calories for maintenance ( to maintain my weight, so I will NEVER EVER gain the weight back)

I have a cute journal lol. where I write everything. I have the dates and I put the goal for the day which for me is 1650 caloires a day. By the way with your age, weight,and height. I checked to see how many calories you "should" consume a day. I also added that you do at least 3 days a week of exercise. I really didn't know if you do that amount. Your caloric intake came out to **1770** that's for weight loss. There's also a number for maintenance and extreme weight loss, but I wouldn't recommend that one. That's only for extreme cases.

Ok breakfast should ideally be between 300 to 400 calories it's just a guide. I have this site, where I just add the name of the food I'm eating and it tells me how many calories it has. For example an orange well, it can be a small, med. or large.. it automatically calculates the calories. It also tells you how you can burn a certain food. ( I know this might seem a bit daunting or to much of a hassle, but I truly recommend it) I don't use the site at all anymore. I've learned all the calories worth of all my foods. I also know how to make the healthiest choices when I go to a fast food restaurant. I ALWAYS PLAN AHEAD of what I will be eating for every meal.

This is an example of what I eat in one day. I don't write all this down it's just so you can see it better. I just write eggs-90 etc.

Breakfast: 2 eggs (one whole and one with no yolk)= 90 calories
1 toasted bread (whole wheat I DONT EAT WHITE BREAD) = 50 cal.
cup of milk ( I measure everything) =80
Half an orange (medium) =31

for all this ! It's only 251 calories! amazing right. That's almost like a snicker's bar!! which is 280 calories. and what fills you up? and is wayyy healthier?

Snack: medium apple= 95
cheese stick= 80
juice=120

Lunch: ( this was fast food) chagrilled chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A with lettuce and tomatoe NO MAYO= 260
fruit cup= 100
water = 0
360 calories! when eating out look for keywords (good= grilled, baked, etc)bad = deep fried, pan-fried, batter dipped, breaded, crispy, etc. are all unhealthy fats and high in calories. I went to a restaurant last week which I had not gone before. My cousin invited me and well, I tried to order the best that I could , I later figured out it was worth 1,020 calories!! I was at myself for that but oh well. PLAN PLAN PLAN

Snack: V8 (worth 2 veggies)= 70

Dinner: 2 tbsp of peanut butter = 190
2 breads=100
1/2 banana= 40
1 cup of milk= 80

330 calories! 2 tbsp of pb and banana sandwich (I add slices of banana instead of using jelly . PB has alot of calories, but it has healthy fats!! and it has vitamin E and other kinds of vitamins lol. that are good for you. )

Snack: Reeses chocolate= 260
I know , I was being bad here lol. These are my favorite!! and I don't eat it everyday.

Of course I forgot to add the water to the list. By the way , the juice and milk all count as water too.

Total calories for this day was 1646. I sometimes have a hard time actually eating the whole amount. But of course, it's important to do so. If you don't you'll lose muscle instead of fat. I eat alot lol.

I also have cheat days!!!!! I enjoy these haha. The body gets used to eating a certain amount of calories, so I up it up a bit. I get a day every week of eating 1800 to 1900 calories a day.

Hope this helps and inspires you to count calories! It's simple eyez and when you do lose the weight, you will most likely not gain it back EVER and that's good news

sorry about the long novel I wrote lol.
Don't worry about it your very helpful!!

I don't really get time for breakfast and it makes me feel really sick lol so i try to avoid it even though it is "the most important meal of the day". I don't really drink fizzy drinks or anything but i cant stand the taste of water so i buy sugar free squash to put into it

I count calories but i don't write them down (maybe i should start doing it) but i think i'd forget about it (i'm really forgetful)

I think that my problem is I am really fussy with food. I don't like cheese, mayo, celery, the list could go on lol.. but i try to eat them i just don't like the texture of them.... i love love love cabbage though i can't get enough of it.

And I think it's good to have cheat days otherwise your body will get too used to eating healthily lol so its always good to treat yourself!

The excercise you put into the website thingy sounds like what im aiming for, but being a smoker (i'm trying to quit unfortunately been smoking for nearlly 6 years now!! i know its terrible) at the moment i'm doing 2 days a week i do 15 minute brisk walking and then 15 minute running and then 150 sit ups i also have one of those lateral thigh trainer things i love it, but my problem is i get bored too easily so i try and put my i-pod on but end up skipping a lot of songs lol... but i still do it and i then try as hard as i can for half the song and then cool down for the other half and so on so forth lol..

Thanks alot for all of your help though!! you are very helpful
Glad to hear your doing well
x Take care x

Old 09-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Hi there! This is great that you are ready to make some healthy changes. It definitely sounds like you have some body image problems, which I used to have as well. I used to talk to a counselor about it because I started developing bad habits from it, such as hurting myself and also throwing up after meals. I wouldn't say I had an eating disorder since I only did it a couple of times and was able to stop, but I could have been there if I didn't go for help. Seeing a counselor was great- I saw a female because I felt more comfortable with her and she was very nice. She helped give me ideas of things I can do to feel happier and more relaxed. I saw her once a week for about an hour.

I highly suggest writing down your foods. Yes, it's hard to remember, but just try your best. I used a website to add in my meals (it was free too) because it was easier for me. The website I used also counted up my carbs and protein. I found out that I was eating too many carbs at first, so I cut back on them. Aim to make each meal balanced... fruits, veggies, lean protein, and a small amount of carbs. Most people I know eat too many carbs. Even too much fruit isn't good if you aren't getting enough veggies and protein. Also, try your best to eat every few hours (small things). I have a friend who won't eat more than once a day and sometimes skips a day, and they have such a slow metabolism from doing this. They also have a lot of belly fat. They tend to eat chips and drink wine and that's their food for the day.. not good! Drinks can add up fast, so I cut out sugary beverages, including juice.

I did one cheat day a week and it worked great for me. Cheat days don't really work if you still eat treats throughout the week though. I'd be really, really good with no junk at all during the week, then have one day a week to eat any of the things I'd been craving. After eating so well all week, I'd usually feel like crap after my cheat day, so I was ready to go back to healthy eating. I'd also give myself 1-2 days off a week from workouts. Your body needs time to rest! I would imagine myself at my goal weight as I worked out and that would keep me going

Best of luck to you! Let me know if you need any help with specifics! You can do it!!!

Closed Thread